Entertainment News

The action horror film “Blade 2” sneaked up on the box office this weekend, and according to Sunday’s estimates, grossed an incredible $33.1 million. The film’s massive opening is a personal best for lead actor Wesley Snipes and the second largest ever for March. Word of mouth on the film is strong, as director Guillermo del Toro set out to deliver a kinetically violent film that would rival the original film and the Marvel Comics’ from which the franchise is based.

Tom Green’s debatable masterpiece “Freddy Got Fingered” took top honors as the best film…in the worst film of the year category at the 22nd Annual Razzie Awards. The Razzies, known for being the anti-Oscars, divvy out awards each year in categories that are synonymous with worst film, actor and actress among others. Green, who also took the nod for worst actor, is the only performer in Razzie history to collect his awards in person. Pop singer Mariah Carey was named worst actress for her skanky performance in the mega-flop “Glitter.”
The Roots, whose drummer ?uestlove spinned at Churchill’s Pub last Saturday, have finished recording a song entitled “Feel This” that criticizes Nas. Nas reportedly expressed anger when the Roots performed the beat to his song “NY State of Mind” on rival Jay-Z’s MTV unplugged special. Whether the new track will show up on the Roots’ upcoming album is unknown.
Andy Richter took control over the minds of millions of television viewers with the debut of his new Fox show “Andy Richter Controls the Universe.” The show’s premiere was watched by more than 9 million people, the majority being young adults and teenagers, who probably watched Richter when he was a sidekick for late night talk show host Conan O’Brien. In the show, Richter plays a short story author with a humorously wild imagination.
Steven Seagal, the semi-smooth Kung-fu master/joke and star of films like “Under Siege 2:Dark Territory” will soon have to use his “skills” to fend of a $60 million lawsuit and a probable gang of lawyers. Seagal is being sued by a former partner, who claims that Seagal backed out of four cinematic gifts to the world, including “Blood On the Moon” and “Smash and Grab,” after taking the advice of his Buddhist guru.

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The Miami Hurricanes football coaching staff is officially complete. UM announced Friday that Taylor ...

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...

Check out the January edition of the University of Miami's e-magazine. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 2-0 on the young season after securing a ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play its first doubleheader of the season Saturday in ...