Entertainment News

The action horror film “Blade 2” sneaked up on the box office this weekend, and according to Sunday’s estimates, grossed an incredible $33.1 million. The film’s massive opening is a personal best for lead actor Wesley Snipes and the second largest ever for March. Word of mouth on the film is strong, as director Guillermo del Toro set out to deliver a kinetically violent film that would rival the original film and the Marvel Comics’ from which the franchise is based.

Tom Green’s debatable masterpiece “Freddy Got Fingered” took top honors as the best film…in the worst film of the year category at the 22nd Annual Razzie Awards. The Razzies, known for being the anti-Oscars, divvy out awards each year in categories that are synonymous with worst film, actor and actress among others. Green, who also took the nod for worst actor, is the only performer in Razzie history to collect his awards in person. Pop singer Mariah Carey was named worst actress for her skanky performance in the mega-flop “Glitter.”
The Roots, whose drummer ?uestlove spinned at Churchill’s Pub last Saturday, have finished recording a song entitled “Feel This” that criticizes Nas. Nas reportedly expressed anger when the Roots performed the beat to his song “NY State of Mind” on rival Jay-Z’s MTV unplugged special. Whether the new track will show up on the Roots’ upcoming album is unknown.
Andy Richter took control over the minds of millions of television viewers with the debut of his new Fox show “Andy Richter Controls the Universe.” The show’s premiere was watched by more than 9 million people, the majority being young adults and teenagers, who probably watched Richter when he was a sidekick for late night talk show host Conan O’Brien. In the show, Richter plays a short story author with a humorously wild imagination.
Steven Seagal, the semi-smooth Kung-fu master/joke and star of films like “Under Siege 2:Dark Territory” will soon have to use his “skills” to fend of a $60 million lawsuit and a probable gang of lawyers. Seagal is being sued by a former partner, who claims that Seagal backed out of four cinematic gifts to the world, including “Blood On the Moon” and “Smash and Grab,” after taking the advice of his Buddhist guru.

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team picked up a victory ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...