Entertainment News

The action horror film “Blade 2” sneaked up on the box office this weekend, and according to Sunday’s estimates, grossed an incredible $33.1 million. The film’s massive opening is a personal best for lead actor Wesley Snipes and the second largest ever for March. Word of mouth on the film is strong, as director Guillermo del Toro set out to deliver a kinetically violent film that would rival the original film and the Marvel Comics’ from which the franchise is based.

Tom Green’s debatable masterpiece “Freddy Got Fingered” took top honors as the best film…in the worst film of the year category at the 22nd Annual Razzie Awards. The Razzies, known for being the anti-Oscars, divvy out awards each year in categories that are synonymous with worst film, actor and actress among others. Green, who also took the nod for worst actor, is the only performer in Razzie history to collect his awards in person. Pop singer Mariah Carey was named worst actress for her skanky performance in the mega-flop “Glitter.”
The Roots, whose drummer ?uestlove spinned at Churchill’s Pub last Saturday, have finished recording a song entitled “Feel This” that criticizes Nas. Nas reportedly expressed anger when the Roots performed the beat to his song “NY State of Mind” on rival Jay-Z’s MTV unplugged special. Whether the new track will show up on the Roots’ upcoming album is unknown.
Andy Richter took control over the minds of millions of television viewers with the debut of his new Fox show “Andy Richter Controls the Universe.” The show’s premiere was watched by more than 9 million people, the majority being young adults and teenagers, who probably watched Richter when he was a sidekick for late night talk show host Conan O’Brien. In the show, Richter plays a short story author with a humorously wild imagination.
Steven Seagal, the semi-smooth Kung-fu master/joke and star of films like “Under Siege 2:Dark Territory” will soon have to use his “skills” to fend of a $60 million lawsuit and a probable gang of lawyers. Seagal is being sued by a former partner, who claims that Seagal backed out of four cinematic gifts to the world, including “Blood On the Moon” and “Smash and Grab,” after taking the advice of his Buddhist guru.

University of Miami football coach Manny Diaz went into overtime on Monday during an interview with ...

Miami couldn’t in-bound the ball. When the host Hurricanes’ women’s basketball team looks back at Su ...

Offensive line is always one of the biggest needs for the Miami Hurricanes on the recruiting trail a ...

When Manny Diaz briefly left the Miami Hurricanes to become the coach of the Temple Owls, Keshawn Wa ...

Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic has been through more trauma in the ...

The School of Nursing and Health Studies’ global research training program for minority students is ...

The University of Miami community gathered to remember the victims of the deadly New Zealand mosque ...

Culminating "an awesome, institution-wide effort," the Miller School of Medicine is celebr ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

Miami's stellar season came to end Sunday, as the Hurricanes fell to ASU, 57-55, in the NCAA To ...

A ninth inning rally pushed No. 5 NC State past the Canes on Sunday afternoon. ...

Despite Estela Perez-Somarriba logging a top-five triumph for the 100th win of her career, the No. 2 ...

Kevin Arreaga of the University of Miami track and field team won the men's hammer throw on Sat ...

Facing No. 11 North Carolina on its home court, the University of Miami men's tennis team got o ...