Entertainment News

Tonight

Subpop band The Vue and The French Kicks performing at Revolver, 5922 South Dixie Hwy. Show starts at 9 p.m. and tickets are $8. For info call 305-661-9099.

The vampire action film Blade 2 starring Wesley Snipes opens at AMC Sunset Place 24. For info call 305-466-0450.

Santana and the Wailers performing at Mars Music Amphitheatre. Show starts at 7:30 p.m.Tickets are $28.50-65.50. For info call 561-966-3309.

Saturday

Astralwerks beach party featuring performances by Fatboy Slim, Cassius, Daft Punk and Photek at Nikki Beach Club, 1 Ocean Drive. Party is from 2-10 p.m. and entrance is free if you’re cool like that.

The Ultra Festival featuring performances by Gorillaz, Paul Oakenfold, The Crystal Method, Goldie, Deep Dish, Christopher Lawrence, Roni Size and a seemingly endless list of other top DJs from around the globe in Bayfront Park. Festival begins at 12 p.m. and ends at 1 a.m. Tickets are $50 and $200. For info visit www.ultramusicfestival.com

Delta Heavy Tour with Sasha & Digweed at Miami Arena, 701 Arena Blvd. Show starts at 10 p.m. and tickets are $40. For info call 305-358-5885.

Official Winter Music Conference Kickoff Party featuring performances by Dilated Peoples, DJ Qbert, DJ Swamp, and Z-trip at Billboard Live, 15th Street and Ocean Drive. Admission is $25. For info visit www.billboardlive.com

Sunday

D12 and DJ Assault performing at Red, 737 Washington Ave. Doors open at 7 p.m. and you must be over 21 to enter. Admission is $20 before 11 p.m.

Urb Magazine presents Winter Oasis 6.0 with performances by Roni Size, The Dub Pistols, Felix Da Housecat and many more at Billboard Live, 15th Street and Ocean Drive. Doors open at 10 p.m. and close at 7 a.m. For info visit www.billboardlive.com

Boston College star Ky Bowman came down with a 102-degree fever on Saturday night. Jordan Chatman an ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Sunday: ▪ New UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker has asked UM ...

Emese Hof and No. 20 Miami think they can play with anyone, and it shows. Hof scored 18 of her 25 po ...

New University of Miami baseball head coach Gino DiMare wanted to start strong. He got perfection. T ...

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The Hurricanes fell in Chestnut Hill, 64-57. ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

Junior Renate Grimstad led the way for Miami and is tied for 18th at one-over-par, while sophomore K ...