Entertainment News

Tonight

Subpop band The Vue and The French Kicks performing at Revolver, 5922 South Dixie Hwy. Show starts at 9 p.m. and tickets are $8. For info call 305-661-9099.

The vampire action film Blade 2 starring Wesley Snipes opens at AMC Sunset Place 24. For info call 305-466-0450.

Santana and the Wailers performing at Mars Music Amphitheatre. Show starts at 7:30 p.m.Tickets are $28.50-65.50. For info call 561-966-3309.

Saturday

Astralwerks beach party featuring performances by Fatboy Slim, Cassius, Daft Punk and Photek at Nikki Beach Club, 1 Ocean Drive. Party is from 2-10 p.m. and entrance is free if you’re cool like that.

The Ultra Festival featuring performances by Gorillaz, Paul Oakenfold, The Crystal Method, Goldie, Deep Dish, Christopher Lawrence, Roni Size and a seemingly endless list of other top DJs from around the globe in Bayfront Park. Festival begins at 12 p.m. and ends at 1 a.m. Tickets are $50 and $200. For info visit www.ultramusicfestival.com

Delta Heavy Tour with Sasha & Digweed at Miami Arena, 701 Arena Blvd. Show starts at 10 p.m. and tickets are $40. For info call 305-358-5885.

Official Winter Music Conference Kickoff Party featuring performances by Dilated Peoples, DJ Qbert, DJ Swamp, and Z-trip at Billboard Live, 15th Street and Ocean Drive. Admission is $25. For info visit www.billboardlive.com

Sunday

D12 and DJ Assault performing at Red, 737 Washington Ave. Doors open at 7 p.m. and you must be over 21 to enter. Admission is $20 before 11 p.m.

Urb Magazine presents Winter Oasis 6.0 with performances by Roni Size, The Dub Pistols, Felix Da Housecat and many more at Billboard Live, 15th Street and Ocean Drive. Doors open at 10 p.m. and close at 7 a.m. For info visit www.billboardlive.com

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...