Entertainment News

Tonight

Subpop band The Vue and The French Kicks performing at Revolver, 5922 South Dixie Hwy. Show starts at 9 p.m. and tickets are $8. For info call 305-661-9099.

The vampire action film Blade 2 starring Wesley Snipes opens at AMC Sunset Place 24. For info call 305-466-0450.

Santana and the Wailers performing at Mars Music Amphitheatre. Show starts at 7:30 p.m.Tickets are $28.50-65.50. For info call 561-966-3309.

Saturday

Astralwerks beach party featuring performances by Fatboy Slim, Cassius, Daft Punk and Photek at Nikki Beach Club, 1 Ocean Drive. Party is from 2-10 p.m. and entrance is free if you’re cool like that.

The Ultra Festival featuring performances by Gorillaz, Paul Oakenfold, The Crystal Method, Goldie, Deep Dish, Christopher Lawrence, Roni Size and a seemingly endless list of other top DJs from around the globe in Bayfront Park. Festival begins at 12 p.m. and ends at 1 a.m. Tickets are $50 and $200. For info visit www.ultramusicfestival.com

Delta Heavy Tour with Sasha & Digweed at Miami Arena, 701 Arena Blvd. Show starts at 10 p.m. and tickets are $40. For info call 305-358-5885.

Official Winter Music Conference Kickoff Party featuring performances by Dilated Peoples, DJ Qbert, DJ Swamp, and Z-trip at Billboard Live, 15th Street and Ocean Drive. Admission is $25. For info visit www.billboardlive.com

Sunday

D12 and DJ Assault performing at Red, 737 Washington Ave. Doors open at 7 p.m. and you must be over 21 to enter. Admission is $20 before 11 p.m.

Urb Magazine presents Winter Oasis 6.0 with performances by Roni Size, The Dub Pistols, Felix Da Housecat and many more at Billboard Live, 15th Street and Ocean Drive. Doors open at 10 p.m. and close at 7 a.m. For info visit www.billboardlive.com

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...