Sports Briefs

SWIMMING AND DIVING
UM divers Michelle Davison and Kyle Prandi have prequalified for the 2002 World Cup Trials, which will be held at Cleveland State University in Ohio on April 20-21. Davison, a senior from Columbia, S.C., was named 2002 Big East Women’s Diver of the Year on February 24. She finished fifth in the women’s 3-meter final at the U.S. National Outdoor Diving Championships on August 7, 2001 in Fort Lauderdale to qualify. Prandi, a junior from Strongsville, Ohio, was the 2001 Big East Men’s Diver of the Year. He is the defending NCAA National Champion in the 10-meter platform and an All-American in the 3-meter springboard. Prandi finished second in the men’s platform finals at both the 2001 U.S. National Indoor and Outdoor Championships to qualify.

WOMEN’S GOLF
The University of Miami recorded a three-round total of 928 to finish second at the Lady Moc Classic held at Imperial Lakes Country Club in Lakeland, FL last weekend. Miami, who fired a final round 302, finished one stroke behind North Carolina State who shot a final round 300 en route to a three-round score of 927.
Miami’s top finisher was freshman Tina Miller, who recorded a 2-under-par 70 on Sunday to finish third. The Hurricanes had three players in the top-10 individually including sophomore Jazmin Cataldo who was fourth with a three-day total of 227, and sophomore Camilla Hilland who took sixth with a three-round score of 229.

WOMEN’S BIG EAST TOURNAMENT
Ashja Jones scored 19 points and Tamika Williams added 18 points as the Connecticut Huskies captured the Big East Championship with a 96-54 victory over Boston College on Tuesday. All five starters scored in double figures for the Huskies, who shot 59 percent from the field, and improved their overall record to 33-0. In the semifinals, the Huskies routed Villanove 83-39, as Diana Taurasi scored 23 points and grabbed six rebounds for Connecticut. Jessalyn Davey scored 20 points to lead Boston College to a 67-48 victory over Syracuse in the other semifinal matchup.

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

The University of Miami connects scholarship recipients with the donors who helped make their educat ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...