Sports Briefs

SWIMMING AND DIVING
UM divers Michelle Davison and Kyle Prandi have prequalified for the 2002 World Cup Trials, which will be held at Cleveland State University in Ohio on April 20-21. Davison, a senior from Columbia, S.C., was named 2002 Big East Women’s Diver of the Year on February 24. She finished fifth in the women’s 3-meter final at the U.S. National Outdoor Diving Championships on August 7, 2001 in Fort Lauderdale to qualify. Prandi, a junior from Strongsville, Ohio, was the 2001 Big East Men’s Diver of the Year. He is the defending NCAA National Champion in the 10-meter platform and an All-American in the 3-meter springboard. Prandi finished second in the men’s platform finals at both the 2001 U.S. National Indoor and Outdoor Championships to qualify.

WOMEN’S GOLF
The University of Miami recorded a three-round total of 928 to finish second at the Lady Moc Classic held at Imperial Lakes Country Club in Lakeland, FL last weekend. Miami, who fired a final round 302, finished one stroke behind North Carolina State who shot a final round 300 en route to a three-round score of 927.
Miami’s top finisher was freshman Tina Miller, who recorded a 2-under-par 70 on Sunday to finish third. The Hurricanes had three players in the top-10 individually including sophomore Jazmin Cataldo who was fourth with a three-day total of 227, and sophomore Camilla Hilland who took sixth with a three-round score of 229.

WOMEN’S BIG EAST TOURNAMENT
Ashja Jones scored 19 points and Tamika Williams added 18 points as the Connecticut Huskies captured the Big East Championship with a 96-54 victory over Boston College on Tuesday. All five starters scored in double figures for the Huskies, who shot 59 percent from the field, and improved their overall record to 33-0. In the semifinals, the Huskies routed Villanove 83-39, as Diana Taurasi scored 23 points and grabbed six rebounds for Connecticut. Jessalyn Davey scored 20 points to lead Boston College to a 67-48 victory over Syracuse in the other semifinal matchup.

So what’s UM getting with this recruiting class, among players already committed, most or all of who ...

On the eve of the early signing period, the new University of Miami defensive coordinators met the m ...

The early signing period is finally here and the Miami Hurricanes’ class is, at least for now, disap ...

Photo Gallery: UM football availabiilty | Tuesday, December 18, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Zach McCloud said he never doubted whether he would return to the Miami Hurricanes for his senior se ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

Things have changed in Coral Gables since the end of the regular season, but there will be a familia ...

Canes and Houston Baptist play at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24/23 Miami women's basketball team will begin play at the Florida Sunshine Classic in ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Miami women's basketball team is ranked in the top 25 of both major national polls this wee ...