Sports Briefs

SWIMMING AND DIVING
UM divers Michelle Davison and Kyle Prandi have prequalified for the 2002 World Cup Trials, which will be held at Cleveland State University in Ohio on April 20-21. Davison, a senior from Columbia, S.C., was named 2002 Big East Women’s Diver of the Year on February 24. She finished fifth in the women’s 3-meter final at the U.S. National Outdoor Diving Championships on August 7, 2001 in Fort Lauderdale to qualify. Prandi, a junior from Strongsville, Ohio, was the 2001 Big East Men’s Diver of the Year. He is the defending NCAA National Champion in the 10-meter platform and an All-American in the 3-meter springboard. Prandi finished second in the men’s platform finals at both the 2001 U.S. National Indoor and Outdoor Championships to qualify.

WOMEN’S GOLF
The University of Miami recorded a three-round total of 928 to finish second at the Lady Moc Classic held at Imperial Lakes Country Club in Lakeland, FL last weekend. Miami, who fired a final round 302, finished one stroke behind North Carolina State who shot a final round 300 en route to a three-round score of 927.
Miami’s top finisher was freshman Tina Miller, who recorded a 2-under-par 70 on Sunday to finish third. The Hurricanes had three players in the top-10 individually including sophomore Jazmin Cataldo who was fourth with a three-day total of 227, and sophomore Camilla Hilland who took sixth with a three-round score of 229.

WOMEN’S BIG EAST TOURNAMENT
Ashja Jones scored 19 points and Tamika Williams added 18 points as the Connecticut Huskies captured the Big East Championship with a 96-54 victory over Boston College on Tuesday. All five starters scored in double figures for the Huskies, who shot 59 percent from the field, and improved their overall record to 33-0. In the semifinals, the Huskies routed Villanove 83-39, as Diana Taurasi scored 23 points and grabbed six rebounds for Connecticut. Jessalyn Davey scored 20 points to lead Boston College to a 67-48 victory over Syracuse in the other semifinal matchup.

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...