Entertainment News

We Were Soldiers, which stars Mel Gibson, lead an upheaval at the box office this weekend, capturing $20.2 million in ticket sales while opening against two other war films still in theaters. 40 Days and 40 Night, starring Josh Hartnett and buzz girl Shannyn Sossamon, opened with a strong date flick take of $12.5 million, and John Q. jumped up to number three with a solid $8.4 million gross, for a $51.1 million total.

The journals and jottings of late Nirvana front man Kurt Cobain have been sold to Riverhead Books in a seven-figure deal. Twenty three notebooks containing an estimated 800 pages of Cobain’s personal writings and drawings were discovered while author Charles Cross was doing research for his best selling Cobain biography Heavier Than Heaven. Riverhead Books has set a release date for late October or November.

Rumors are circulating that David Letterman is in talks to move his show from CBS to ABC, where it would replace the longtime hard news staple Nightline hosted by Ted Koppel. ABC apparently wants a late night show that will generate more advertising dollars by attracting a younger demographic, while the head of ABC News was taken off guard when a reporter informed him of the discussions.

The anticipated success of Wesley Snipes’ vampire actioner Blade 2 has given its screenwriter, David Goyer, a very edgy idea for a third installment. Goyer has mentioned in several publications that he would like to make a follow-up in which the franchise’s antagonistic vampires after they have succeeded in wiping out the human race and taking over the planet.

The April 30 major label release from San Francisco rap group Blackalicious will boast an expansive list of guest artists and cameos including Ben Harper, DJ Shadow, poet Saul Williams, and former lead singer of Rage Against the Machine Zach De la Rocha. De la Rocha’s solo album will drop later on this year and reportedly has a drum ‘n’ bass oriented aesthetic similar to his collaboration on Roni Size’s last album In the Mode.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...

The University of Miami soccer team dropped its ACC road match against NC State, 1-0, Thursday night ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...