Entertainment News

We Were Soldiers, which stars Mel Gibson, lead an upheaval at the box office this weekend, capturing $20.2 million in ticket sales while opening against two other war films still in theaters. 40 Days and 40 Night, starring Josh Hartnett and buzz girl Shannyn Sossamon, opened with a strong date flick take of $12.5 million, and John Q. jumped up to number three with a solid $8.4 million gross, for a $51.1 million total.

The journals and jottings of late Nirvana front man Kurt Cobain have been sold to Riverhead Books in a seven-figure deal. Twenty three notebooks containing an estimated 800 pages of Cobain’s personal writings and drawings were discovered while author Charles Cross was doing research for his best selling Cobain biography Heavier Than Heaven. Riverhead Books has set a release date for late October or November.

Rumors are circulating that David Letterman is in talks to move his show from CBS to ABC, where it would replace the longtime hard news staple Nightline hosted by Ted Koppel. ABC apparently wants a late night show that will generate more advertising dollars by attracting a younger demographic, while the head of ABC News was taken off guard when a reporter informed him of the discussions.

The anticipated success of Wesley Snipes’ vampire actioner Blade 2 has given its screenwriter, David Goyer, a very edgy idea for a third installment. Goyer has mentioned in several publications that he would like to make a follow-up in which the franchise’s antagonistic vampires after they have succeeded in wiping out the human race and taking over the planet.

The April 30 major label release from San Francisco rap group Blackalicious will boast an expansive list of guest artists and cameos including Ben Harper, DJ Shadow, poet Saul Williams, and former lead singer of Rage Against the Machine Zach De la Rocha. De la Rocha’s solo album will drop later on this year and reportedly has a drum ‘n’ bass oriented aesthetic similar to his collaboration on Roni Size’s last album In the Mode.

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...