Culture

Entertainment News

Tonight

Amateur strip contest at Level, 1235 Washington Ave. The winner will receive $1,000. For info call 305-532-1525.

Revolver will play host to Humbert and the Air CD release party. Show starts at 11 p.m. Address: 5922 S. Dixie Highway. Tickets are $6. For info call 305-661-9099.

The “no sex” comedy 40 Days and 40 nights, starring Josh Hartnett and Shannyn Sossamon, opens at AMC Sunset Place 24. For info call 305-466-0450.

March 5

Old-school punks Bad Religion with Less than Jake and Hot Water Music at Sunrise Musical Theater. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20. For info call 954-523-3309.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone at the Cosford. Showings at 8 and 10 p.m.

March 6

Notorious eccentric Wesley Willis at Freeze, 909 E. Cypress Creek in Fort Lauderdale. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are $7. For info call 954-776-0660.

March 7

NOFX will finally perform at Orbit in Boynton Beach after long delay. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $14. For info call 561-966-3309.

Billy Joel and Elton John performing at the National Car Rental Center. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $45-175. For info call 954-523-3309.

March 14-17

The Italian Renaissance Festival at Vizcaya, featuring five stages of entertainment, a daily character parade, and the Living ChessGame. Entrance $15. Doors open at 9:30 a.m. and close at 5:30 p.m.

A University of Miami political scientist weighs in on whether election polls can be trusted given what occurred in 2016 and again last year. ...

A professor in the School of Communication, and an expert on the history of television sitcoms, writes about the 50th anniversary of “All in the Family.” ...

The former executive vice president and provost served from 1986 to 2005, elevating the University’s stature as a leading research institution. ...

The Hemispheric University Consortium is connecting universities and students for critical conversations focused on solving some of the world’s most pressing problems, such as climate change. ...

Experts say creativity and kindness can help make the most of this challenging holiday season. ...