Vice-President candidates:

Andy Hooper

Andy Hooper is a junior majoring in human resource management and marketing.
Hooper has held the positions of Chair for the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee; Ombudsperson for the Committee on Student Organizations; training coordinator for the University of Miami American Red Cross; team captain for the UM Roller Hockey Club; and Parade co-chair for the Homecoming Executive committee.
Listed are several major goals within Hooper’s platform:
1. Change the dynamic of student leadership.
2. Emphasize communication between student organizations, students, and student leaders.
3. Increase library and cafeteria hours.
4. Increase the amount of information available to resident students
5. Post monthly calendars of all student activities on channel 13, the residence halls channel.
6. Create a balance in school spirit, safety, and awareness
Hooper is running for the office of Vice President because he wants to make cabinet more fun and not a chore for its members.
His platform along with running-mates, Stephanie Hernandez for President and Martinique Busino for Treasurer, is “Bridging the Gap.”

JUSTIN LEVINE

Justin Levine is a junior who is majoring in marketing and law.
Listed are several major goals within Levine’s platform:
1. Increase lighting on campus at nighttime to increase safety
2. Regulate the number of times a professor will use a book for a certain class in order for students to save money
3. Improve the quality of cable stations in the residence halls.
4. Increase student life on campus during the weekends.
Levine, an active party promoter, is running for the office of Vice President because he feels that there are a lot of things that need to be changed at UM.
He is a member of Lambda Chi Alpha and has served on the Greek judicial board.
His platform is “A Change in U…’Cause it’s Time.”
His running mates are Michael Johnston for President, and Mahala Dar for Treasurer.
“The same students are always running for office and there should be more diversity when it comes to those who represent the student body,” Levine said. “I’m not here for a resum

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

University of Miami head men's tennis coach Aljosa Piric revealed Friday the team's schedu ...