Vice-President candidates:

Andy Hooper

Andy Hooper is a junior majoring in human resource management and marketing.
Hooper has held the positions of Chair for the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee; Ombudsperson for the Committee on Student Organizations; training coordinator for the University of Miami American Red Cross; team captain for the UM Roller Hockey Club; and Parade co-chair for the Homecoming Executive committee.
Listed are several major goals within Hooper’s platform:
1. Change the dynamic of student leadership.
2. Emphasize communication between student organizations, students, and student leaders.
3. Increase library and cafeteria hours.
4. Increase the amount of information available to resident students
5. Post monthly calendars of all student activities on channel 13, the residence halls channel.
6. Create a balance in school spirit, safety, and awareness
Hooper is running for the office of Vice President because he wants to make cabinet more fun and not a chore for its members.
His platform along with running-mates, Stephanie Hernandez for President and Martinique Busino for Treasurer, is “Bridging the Gap.”

JUSTIN LEVINE

Justin Levine is a junior who is majoring in marketing and law.
Listed are several major goals within Levine’s platform:
1. Increase lighting on campus at nighttime to increase safety
2. Regulate the number of times a professor will use a book for a certain class in order for students to save money
3. Improve the quality of cable stations in the residence halls.
4. Increase student life on campus during the weekends.
Levine, an active party promoter, is running for the office of Vice President because he feels that there are a lot of things that need to be changed at UM.
He is a member of Lambda Chi Alpha and has served on the Greek judicial board.
His platform is “A Change in U…’Cause it’s Time.”
His running mates are Michael Johnston for President, and Mahala Dar for Treasurer.
“The same students are always running for office and there should be more diversity when it comes to those who represent the student body,” Levine said. “I’m not here for a resum

University of Miami President Julio Frenk and Miami-Dade Public Schools Superintendent Alberto Carva

Experts in the Department of Political Science’s 2020 election class explain why all eyes may be on

The Frost School of Music’s Band of the Hour discovers new ways to deliver school spirit at the Hard

Lauren Markwith played four years with Miami Hurricanes soccer. Now, she is on staff for Inter Miami

Sierra Domb uses her communications skills to raise awareness of and funding for studies on a sensor