‘Queen’ falls off the throne

The eternal battle between good and evil and the endless conflict over a book and its movie counterpart take center stage in the film adaptation of Anne Rice’s novel Queen of the Damned. The battle, it turns out, is visually appealing but lacking in substance.

The film amalgamates plotlines from the second and third installment of Rice’s wildly popular The Vampire Chronicles. In less than two hours, the film follows the rise of the vampire Lestat (Stuart Townsend) from his century long slumber to his controversial tryst with the queen of the vampires, Akasha (Aaliyah).

The first half of the film is shot haphazardly and leaves you with a sense of shock – a shock of how corny the movie is going to be. The clich

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...