‘Queen’ falls off the throne

The eternal battle between good and evil and the endless conflict over a book and its movie counterpart take center stage in the film adaptation of Anne Rice’s novel Queen of the Damned. The battle, it turns out, is visually appealing but lacking in substance.

The film amalgamates plotlines from the second and third installment of Rice’s wildly popular The Vampire Chronicles. In less than two hours, the film follows the rise of the vampire Lestat (Stuart Townsend) from his century long slumber to his controversial tryst with the queen of the vampires, Akasha (Aaliyah).

The first half of the film is shot haphazardly and leaves you with a sense of shock – a shock of how corny the movie is going to be. The clich

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

It would be hard to blame Avery Huff for rethinking his commitment to the Miami Hurricanes right now ...

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses. UM defensive c ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

A UM medical team has released the first report of acute symptoms and clinical findings in 25 person ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...