Poulain:Miami’s beautiful secret

The first minutes that Isaac Lekach set foot on stage at Revolver, he looked like just another member of the audience: the mop top hair, the discontent look in his face. But as soon as he grabbed his acoustic guitar, he was above everyone else. He took his pain, his feelings and turned them into lovely songs of loss, love and sadness; and became Poulain, the musician, artist and poet.

Opening for Desaparecidos is not an easy task- especially for a relatively still unknown artist and balladeer, considering that most people in the audience came with the sole purpose of witnessing the raw energy they discharge at shows. Yet Poulain managed to silence the room with the first strokes of his guitar and the first words his almost angelic voice uttered.

Song after song, the crowd stared in awe, while he released his innermost passions staring down and occasionally glancing over the people in front of him. Every time he ended a song, he shyly smiled as the audience cheered and clapped.

Taking the last name from the title character in Am

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews revealed Thursday the team's schedule ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...

Quick Hits gives University of Miami volleyball fans an inside scoop on the latest additions to the ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...