Poulain:Miami’s beautiful secret

The first minutes that Isaac Lekach set foot on stage at Revolver, he looked like just another member of the audience: the mop top hair, the discontent look in his face. But as soon as he grabbed his acoustic guitar, he was above everyone else. He took his pain, his feelings and turned them into lovely songs of loss, love and sadness; and became Poulain, the musician, artist and poet.

Opening for Desaparecidos is not an easy task- especially for a relatively still unknown artist and balladeer, considering that most people in the audience came with the sole purpose of witnessing the raw energy they discharge at shows. Yet Poulain managed to silence the room with the first strokes of his guitar and the first words his almost angelic voice uttered.

Song after song, the crowd stared in awe, while he released his innermost passions staring down and occasionally glancing over the people in front of him. Every time he ended a song, he shyly smiled as the audience cheered and clapped.

Taking the last name from the title character in Am

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

It’s impossible for the Miami Hurricanes to ignore all the negative feedback which comes along with ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ win against the Virginia Tech Hokies was, for all intents and purposes, alr ...

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

The Canes know the importance a win over Virginia Tech on Saturday can have heading into the final w ...

The University of Miami women's golf team announced Thursday that international amateur standou ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

Tournament runs Nov. 21-24, 2019, in Charleston, S.C. ...