Poulain:Miami’s beautiful secret

The first minutes that Isaac Lekach set foot on stage at Revolver, he looked like just another member of the audience: the mop top hair, the discontent look in his face. But as soon as he grabbed his acoustic guitar, he was above everyone else. He took his pain, his feelings and turned them into lovely songs of loss, love and sadness; and became Poulain, the musician, artist and poet.

Opening for Desaparecidos is not an easy task- especially for a relatively still unknown artist and balladeer, considering that most people in the audience came with the sole purpose of witnessing the raw energy they discharge at shows. Yet Poulain managed to silence the room with the first strokes of his guitar and the first words his almost angelic voice uttered.

Song after song, the crowd stared in awe, while he released his innermost passions staring down and occasionally glancing over the people in front of him. Every time he ended a song, he shyly smiled as the audience cheered and clapped.

Taking the last name from the title character in Am

The Gino DiMare era for the Miami Hurricanes couldn’t have started any better. In DiMare’s first gam ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team is a Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Aw ...