Culture

Entertainment News

Through March 10
Cirque du Soleil’s “Quidam” at Bicentennial Park in downtown Miami. Tickets range from $45 to $165 for VIP. For more info, visit www.cirquedusoleil.com.
Tonight
Sugar Cult and Unwritten Law at Millenium in Pompano Beach. For more info, visit www.pollstar.com.

Tomorrow
Jimmy Buffet and the Coral Reefer Band perform at the National Car Rental Center. Tickets are $28.50-59.50. Show starts at 8 p.m. For info call 954-523-3309.

February
16-18
World famous Coconut Grove Arts Festival in the heart of the Grove. Free.

February 17
Arturo Sandoval at Gulfstream Park in Hallandale. For more info, visit www.pollstar.com.

February 20
Mest and H2O at Millenium. For more info, visit www.pollstar.com.

February 24
Le Tigre featuring Kathleen Hanna of Bikini Kill and the Butchies perform at the Polish American Club, located on 1250 N.W. 22 Ave. Tickets are $15 and doors open at 7:30 p.m. For more info visit www.epoplife.com.
February 25
Weezer and Saves the Day performing at Mars, located on 601-7 Sansbury’s Way in West Palm Beach. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. For info call 561-793-0445.

February 26
Free screening of Sorority Boys at the Cosford at 9 p.m.

March 14-17
The Italian Renaissance Fair at Vizcaya, featuring the Living ChessGame and five stages of Renaissance entertainment, including national and international artists. Gates open from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Admission is $15. For more info, visit www.italianrenaissancefestival.com.

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...