Additional ‘Ibis Ride’ stops under consideration

The weekend transportation provided by the University of Miami shuttle bus service around campus may soon be extended, according to Shuttle Service Coordinator Vernell Davis.
The University of Miami Student Government and UM Parking and Transportation Services are considering other possible places of interest that the shuttle services could transport students to.
“The Shuttle should run to South Beach on weekends. It would be fun and would help prevent alcohol-related incidents,” said junior Martin Genet.
While some students, like Genet, welcome the new option of possible stops, other students are satisfied with the current shuttle stops, but would like to see them made available more days in the week.
“It would be nice to take [the shuttle]on Thursday nights to the Grove. More kids from UM go there on Thursdays than on Saturdays anyway,” said junior Alexandra Janelli.
Weekend shuttle services are rarely filled to capacity, according to Hurry ‘Cane shuttle drivers.
“It will not happen,” Davis said. “Thursday nights are school nights and [the school]doesn’t want to promote partying on school nights. Dean Sandler would never allow it.”
The shuttle service is operated only during the fall and spring semesters, and is free of charge to all UM students, staff, faculty, and visitors.”
During the school week, the shuttle is designed to help provide convenient means of transportation to major campus buildings, all university parking lots, and to the Metrorail station.
Running anywhere between five and 15 minute intervals, depending on the time of the day, the Hurry ‘Cane service attempts to provide convenient transport for students and faculty from parking lots to school buildings and to residence halls.
When Friday rolls around, the Hurry ‘Cane shuttle service offers additional services to off-campus locations, including Coconut Grove and the Shoppes at Sunset Place.
Shuttle services depart from Stanford Circle and run to Sunset Place from 8 p.m. until 2 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, while shuttle services are available to Coconut Grove on Saturdays from 8 p.m. until 3:30 a.m.

Fridays: Shuttle services depart from Stanford Circle and run to to Sunset from 8 p.m. until 2 a.m..

Saturdays: Shuttle services depart from Stanford Circle and run to to Sunset from 8 p.m. until 2 a.m. and are available to the Grove from 8 p.m. until 3:30 a.m.

Boston College star Ky Bowman came down with a 102-degree fever on Saturday night. Jordan Chatman an ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Sunday: ▪ New UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker has asked UM ...

Emese Hof and No. 20 Miami think they can play with anyone, and it shows. Hof scored 18 of her 25 po ...

New University of Miami baseball head coach Gino DiMare wanted to start strong. He got perfection. T ...

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The Hurricanes dropped a tight contest with the Eagles in Chestnut Hill, 64-57. ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

Junior Renate Grimstad led the way for Miami and is tied for 18th at one-over-par, while sophomore K ...