Additional ‘Ibis Ride’ stops under consideration

The weekend transportation provided by the University of Miami shuttle bus service around campus may soon be extended, according to Shuttle Service Coordinator Vernell Davis.
The University of Miami Student Government and UM Parking and Transportation Services are considering other possible places of interest that the shuttle services could transport students to.
“The Shuttle should run to South Beach on weekends. It would be fun and would help prevent alcohol-related incidents,” said junior Martin Genet.
While some students, like Genet, welcome the new option of possible stops, other students are satisfied with the current shuttle stops, but would like to see them made available more days in the week.
“It would be nice to take [the shuttle]on Thursday nights to the Grove. More kids from UM go there on Thursdays than on Saturdays anyway,” said junior Alexandra Janelli.
Weekend shuttle services are rarely filled to capacity, according to Hurry ‘Cane shuttle drivers.
“It will not happen,” Davis said. “Thursday nights are school nights and [the school]doesn’t want to promote partying on school nights. Dean Sandler would never allow it.”
The shuttle service is operated only during the fall and spring semesters, and is free of charge to all UM students, staff, faculty, and visitors.”
During the school week, the shuttle is designed to help provide convenient means of transportation to major campus buildings, all university parking lots, and to the Metrorail station.
Running anywhere between five and 15 minute intervals, depending on the time of the day, the Hurry ‘Cane service attempts to provide convenient transport for students and faculty from parking lots to school buildings and to residence halls.
When Friday rolls around, the Hurry ‘Cane shuttle service offers additional services to off-campus locations, including Coconut Grove and the Shoppes at Sunset Place.
Shuttle services depart from Stanford Circle and run to Sunset Place from 8 p.m. until 2 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, while shuttle services are available to Coconut Grove on Saturdays from 8 p.m. until 3:30 a.m.

Fridays: Shuttle services depart from Stanford Circle and run to to Sunset from 8 p.m. until 2 a.m..

Saturdays: Shuttle services depart from Stanford Circle and run to to Sunset from 8 p.m. until 2 a.m. and are available to the Grove from 8 p.m. until 3:30 a.m.

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...