Culture

Entertainment News

February 8
Polo Jeans’ men and women’s Spring/Summer 2002 Collection Preview with music by DJ JoJo Odyssey at Level. Show starts at 10 p.m. with an open bar until 11 p.m. For info visit www.levelnightclub.com.

Experimental rockers The Effect and Faller performing live, as well as listening parties for the new Hefner and Chemical Brothers’ albums at Revolver, 5922 S. Dixie Highway. For information call 305-661-9099.

February 8-10
Magician David Copperfield will be performing at the Jackie Gleason Theater. Show times vary. Tickets are $27.50-46.50. For information, call 305-358-5885.

February 9
Bob Marley Festival with Lauryn Hill, DMX, AZ, Erykah Badu, and the Marley Family at Virginia Key Beach. Tickets are $22.50. For information, call 305-358-5885.

The Dead Kennedys without Jello Biafra performing at Orbit. Tickets are $16.50. For information, call 305-358-5885.

February 11
Little Leroy’s Lyrical Lounge featuring performances by Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh. Also featuring disc jockeys Irie, Epps, Khaled and Sugar at Level. Show starts at 11 p.m.

February 12
Shallow Hal starring Jack Black and Gwyneth Paltrow playing at the Bill Cosford Cinema. Show starts at 8 p.m. For information, call 305-284-4606.

February 16
Jimmy Buffet and the Coral Reefer Band will be performing at the National Car Rental Center. Tickets are $28.50-59.50. Show starts at 8 p.m. For information, call 954-523-3309.

February 24
Le Tigre featuring Kathleen Hanna of Bikini Kill and the Butchies performing at the Polish American Club, 1250 N.W. 22nd Ave. Tickets are $15 and doors open at 7:30 p.m. For more information, visit www.epoplife.com.

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...