Entertainment News

A small amount of cocaine that was found in the body of Ted Demme (Blow) might have triggered the director’s recent fatal heart attack, according to the Los Angeles coroner’s office. Demme suffered the stroke while participating in a charity basketball game and died soon after. He was 38 years old.

Actress and accused shoplifter Winona Ryder is facing steep charges for the $4,760 worth of clothes she reportedly try to sneak out of a Saks Fifth Avenue, along with unprescribed painkillers police found in her purse. If convicted on all four charges sought against her, Ryder could face up over three years in state prison.

Seven years after he mysteriously vanished, Richard James Edwards of the Manic Street Preachers has been officially declared dead by the British government. Edwards is the subject of much debate, leaving many skeptics and fans to site the musician’s affinity for reclusive author J.D. Salinger and the numerous ATM withdrawls from his account shortly before his disappearance as evidence that he is still alive.

Black Hawk Down continued its surveillance at the top of the box office, taking in $11.5 million in its third weekend. No one with a life went to see the film Slackers, starring cult hero Jason Schwartzman, and the older Pete from Pete and Pete, which opened with a pitiful $3 million gross.

Mary J. Blige, who performed at last Sunday’s Super Bowl, is getting married to her boyfriend, whose identity she declined to mention. This will be the 31-year old singer’s first marriage and the catalyst for a hundred more songs about the female spirit.

Beck is in the studio working with kitschy cool producer Dan “The Automator” Nakamura on his next untitled album. Nakamura is known on the college radio circuit for his indulgent musical blueprint projects like Gorillaz, Deltron 3030, and Handsome Boy Modeling School.

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...

Miami's schedule features seven matches against teams that reached the NCAA Championship. ...