Elections for SG in 3 weeks

A new year, a new administration. Student Government elections for a new president and various senate positions begins in less than a month on Feb. 25.
Filing for the elections began Jan. 31st and the deadline to turn in an application for an SG position is this Friday, Feb. 8 at 5 p.m. in the SG office in UC 209
The elections for the Executive Board include the positions of President, Vice-President, and Treasurer.
Names of candidates and tickets will not be released until Friday, according to the SG Elections Commission Committee, after which graphic campaigning begins.
The Elections Commission is a subsidiary branch of Student Government that works independently to oversee the undergraduate Student Government Elections process.
The organization is responsible for publicizing the elections, creating candidates’ election packets, coordinating all meetings regarding the election’s process, and managing all polling sites.
In addition, the Commission investigates all election code violations and forwards them to the Student Government
Elections last for three days, Feb. 25-27 and the results will be announced on Thursday, Feb. 28 at 5 p.m. at the Rathskeller, said elections commission committee members.
The student senate includes over 40 senators, two-thirds of whom are elected by their school, residential area, or academic class.
The other third is appointed by student organizations.

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...

Miami redshirt senior quarterback Malik Rosier was named to the preseason watch list for the Manning ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews revealed Thursday the team's schedule ...