Elections for SG in 3 weeks

A new year, a new administration. Student Government elections for a new president and various senate positions begins in less than a month on Feb. 25.
Filing for the elections began Jan. 31st and the deadline to turn in an application for an SG position is this Friday, Feb. 8 at 5 p.m. in the SG office in UC 209
The elections for the Executive Board include the positions of President, Vice-President, and Treasurer.
Names of candidates and tickets will not be released until Friday, according to the SG Elections Commission Committee, after which graphic campaigning begins.
The Elections Commission is a subsidiary branch of Student Government that works independently to oversee the undergraduate Student Government Elections process.
The organization is responsible for publicizing the elections, creating candidates’ election packets, coordinating all meetings regarding the election’s process, and managing all polling sites.
In addition, the Commission investigates all election code violations and forwards them to the Student Government
Elections last for three days, Feb. 25-27 and the results will be announced on Thursday, Feb. 28 at 5 p.m. at the Rathskeller, said elections commission committee members.
The student senate includes over 40 senators, two-thirds of whom are elected by their school, residential area, or academic class.
The other third is appointed by student organizations.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

Ebuka Izundu had a career night as the Canes took down Stephen F. Austin, 96-58. ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...