Elections for SG in 3 weeks

A new year, a new administration. Student Government elections for a new president and various senate positions begins in less than a month on Feb. 25.
Filing for the elections began Jan. 31st and the deadline to turn in an application for an SG position is this Friday, Feb. 8 at 5 p.m. in the SG office in UC 209
The elections for the Executive Board include the positions of President, Vice-President, and Treasurer.
Names of candidates and tickets will not be released until Friday, according to the SG Elections Commission Committee, after which graphic campaigning begins.
The Elections Commission is a subsidiary branch of Student Government that works independently to oversee the undergraduate Student Government Elections process.
The organization is responsible for publicizing the elections, creating candidates’ election packets, coordinating all meetings regarding the election’s process, and managing all polling sites.
In addition, the Commission investigates all election code violations and forwards them to the Student Government
Elections last for three days, Feb. 25-27 and the results will be announced on Thursday, Feb. 28 at 5 p.m. at the Rathskeller, said elections commission committee members.
The student senate includes over 40 senators, two-thirds of whom are elected by their school, residential area, or academic class.
The other third is appointed by student organizations.

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...

Early voting in Florida began this week and will last through Nov. 1. Here’s a rundown of everything students need to know about upcoming campus events, from the final debate watch party to transportation to the polls. ...