Elections for SG in 3 weeks

A new year, a new administration. Student Government elections for a new president and various senate positions begins in less than a month on Feb. 25.
Filing for the elections began Jan. 31st and the deadline to turn in an application for an SG position is this Friday, Feb. 8 at 5 p.m. in the SG office in UC 209
The elections for the Executive Board include the positions of President, Vice-President, and Treasurer.
Names of candidates and tickets will not be released until Friday, according to the SG Elections Commission Committee, after which graphic campaigning begins.
The Elections Commission is a subsidiary branch of Student Government that works independently to oversee the undergraduate Student Government Elections process.
The organization is responsible for publicizing the elections, creating candidates’ election packets, coordinating all meetings regarding the election’s process, and managing all polling sites.
In addition, the Commission investigates all election code violations and forwards them to the Student Government
Elections last for three days, Feb. 25-27 and the results will be announced on Thursday, Feb. 28 at 5 p.m. at the Rathskeller, said elections commission committee members.
The student senate includes over 40 senators, two-thirds of whom are elected by their school, residential area, or academic class.
The other third is appointed by student organizations.

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Junior defensive back Trajan Bandy was among those players named to the 2019 Jim Thorpe Award Presea ...

Seniors Michael Pinckney and Shaquille Quarterman were among those players named to the watch list f ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...