The bastardization of espa

Coming to the University of Miami to study or major in Spanish is absolutely ridiculous. Not because of the professors who teach the language. UM has terrific Spanish teachers. The problem? County residents. While more than one million Hispanic residents live in the Gateway to the Americas, many don’t speak Spanish. They speak Spanglish. So if you came over to learn or practice your espa

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...