Intramural Sports

Soccer Playoffs:

Women’s Independent Championship:
Knee Breakers- 2
UMSM Women- 1

UMSM- 2
Almost Legal- 1

Latin America F.C.- 3
ISUM- 1

Alpha Sigma Phi- 2 (PK)
Zeta Beta Tau- 1

Lambda Chi Alpha- 1
Alpha Epsilon Pi- 0

Panhellenic Championship:
Delta Phi Epsilon- 2
Delta Delta Delta- 0

Men’s Independent Championship:
UMSM- 2 (PK)
Latin America F.C. – 1

Fraternity Championship:
Lambda Chi Alpha- 4
Alpha Sigma Phi- 1

Women’s Overall Championship:
Knee Breakers- 2
Delta Phi Epsilon- 0

Men’s Overall Championship:
UMSM- 1 (OT)
Lambda Chi Alpha- 0

On Tuesday January 29, 2002 the Intramural Women’s Soccer Championship game was played on the Yaron Fields at 9:30 p.m. The contenders this year were the women’s open champion Knee Breakers (a.k.a. The Women’s Soccer Club) and the Panhellenic Champion Delta Phi Epsilon. Both teams held undefeated records coming into the match on Tuesday. The first score of the game came in the middle of the first half when the Knee Breakers put together a nice passing set going down the left side of the field. The score came when Chelsea Brewer gave a nice crossing pass to Carrie Readey in front of the goal and the score was made. Later in the half Delta Phi Epsilon had a chance to tie things up before heading into halftime with a penalty kick. Tiffany Tupler, the Knee Breakers goalie, came through and saved the ball to keep her team ahead 1-0 heading into halftime. Towards the end of the second half the Knee Breakers struck again. Mary Lisec was able to get her ball past the goalie this time. The final score 2-0 Knee Breakers. Congratulations to the 2002 Intramurals Women’s Soccer Champion the Knee Breakers.
Congratulations to the Knee Breakers and UMSM as the 2001 Intramural Soccer Champions!
January 28, 2002:
UMVC- 2
Eaton- 0

Wild Sets- 2
Maniacs- 1

Eaton- 2
Walking Wounded- 1

UMVC- 2
Wild Sets- 0

January 29, 2002:
Kappa Sigma- 2
Phi Delta Theta- 0

Sigma Alpha Mu- 2
Pi Kappa Alpha- 0 (Forfeit)

Phi Delta Theta- 2
Sigma Alpha Mu- 1

Kappa Sigma- 2
Pi Kappa Alpha- 0 (Forfeit)

Sigma Phi Epsilon- 2
Sigma Chi- 1

Lambda Chi Alpha- 2
Alpha Sigma Phi- 0

Lambda Chi Alpha- 2
Sigma Phi Epsilon- 0

Sigma Chi- 2
Alpha Sigma Phi- 0

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

The Canes are the top team in Pool D in Durham, joined by No. 5 North Carolina and No. 9 Virginia. ...

The matchups are set for the NCAA Singles Championship and NCAA Doubles Championship at the USTA Nat ...

Adria Soriano Barrera begins competition in the singles draw Monday at 5 p.m. with a contest against ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...