Intramural Sports

Soccer Playoffs:

Women’s Independent Championship:
Knee Breakers- 2
UMSM Women- 1

UMSM- 2
Almost Legal- 1

Latin America F.C.- 3
ISUM- 1

Alpha Sigma Phi- 2 (PK)
Zeta Beta Tau- 1

Lambda Chi Alpha- 1
Alpha Epsilon Pi- 0

Panhellenic Championship:
Delta Phi Epsilon- 2
Delta Delta Delta- 0

Men’s Independent Championship:
UMSM- 2 (PK)
Latin America F.C. – 1

Fraternity Championship:
Lambda Chi Alpha- 4
Alpha Sigma Phi- 1

Women’s Overall Championship:
Knee Breakers- 2
Delta Phi Epsilon- 0

Men’s Overall Championship:
UMSM- 1 (OT)
Lambda Chi Alpha- 0

On Tuesday January 29, 2002 the Intramural Women’s Soccer Championship game was played on the Yaron Fields at 9:30 p.m. The contenders this year were the women’s open champion Knee Breakers (a.k.a. The Women’s Soccer Club) and the Panhellenic Champion Delta Phi Epsilon. Both teams held undefeated records coming into the match on Tuesday. The first score of the game came in the middle of the first half when the Knee Breakers put together a nice passing set going down the left side of the field. The score came when Chelsea Brewer gave a nice crossing pass to Carrie Readey in front of the goal and the score was made. Later in the half Delta Phi Epsilon had a chance to tie things up before heading into halftime with a penalty kick. Tiffany Tupler, the Knee Breakers goalie, came through and saved the ball to keep her team ahead 1-0 heading into halftime. Towards the end of the second half the Knee Breakers struck again. Mary Lisec was able to get her ball past the goalie this time. The final score 2-0 Knee Breakers. Congratulations to the 2002 Intramurals Women’s Soccer Champion the Knee Breakers.
Congratulations to the Knee Breakers and UMSM as the 2001 Intramural Soccer Champions!
January 28, 2002:
UMVC- 2
Eaton- 0

Wild Sets- 2
Maniacs- 1

Eaton- 2
Walking Wounded- 1

UMVC- 2
Wild Sets- 0

January 29, 2002:
Kappa Sigma- 2
Phi Delta Theta- 0

Sigma Alpha Mu- 2
Pi Kappa Alpha- 0 (Forfeit)

Phi Delta Theta- 2
Sigma Alpha Mu- 1

Kappa Sigma- 2
Pi Kappa Alpha- 0 (Forfeit)

Sigma Phi Epsilon- 2
Sigma Chi- 1

Lambda Chi Alpha- 2
Alpha Sigma Phi- 0

Lambda Chi Alpha- 2
Sigma Phi Epsilon- 0

Sigma Chi- 2
Alpha Sigma Phi- 0

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...