Culture

Entertainment News

January 25

Jega and Plastiq Phantom at Poplife. Show starts at 11 p.m. Tickets are $10 before midnight, $12 after. For info visit www.epoplife.com.

Pop punks The Suicide Machines with Poison In the Well and Catch 22 at Freeze. For ticket info call 954-771-3008.

Barbara Muze, Sandra Dohnert, and The Voz performing at the Wall Flower Gallery, 10 N.E. 3rd St. in downtown Miami, at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Tickets are $8 for each show. For info visit www.wallflowergallery.com.

January 26

Floridians for Medical Rights’ medical marijuana campaign fundraiser from 9 p.m. – 3 a.m. at Tobacco Road, 626 South Miami Ave. For info call 305-374-1198. Admission is $10.

January 29

Moulin Rouge with Nicole Kidman at the Bill Cosford Cinema. Call 305-284-4607 for info.

February 1

Bob Dylan at the National Car Rental Center. Tickets are $28.50-$42.50. Call 954-533-3309 for info.

February 3

Hard rockers Anthrax and Judas Priest at Orbit. Call 561-737-2199 for info.

February 5

Sneak preview of the action film Collateral Damage starring Arnold Schwarzenegger at the Bill Cosford Cinema. Call 305-284-4607 for info.

February 9

Bob Marley Festival with DMX, AZ, Erykah Badu, and the Marley Family at Virginia Key Beach. Tickets are $22.50. Call 305-358-5885 for info.

The Dead Kennedys without Jello Biafra at Orbit. Tickets are $16.50. Call 305-358-5885 for info.

University of Miami students share their thoughts and impressions as President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris take the helm. ...

Following Wednesday’s historic event, University of Miami experts in various fields provide their insight on the biggest challenges facing the new administration. ...

As part of the “Roadmap to Our New Century” initiative, the University of Miami advances the art of teaching and the science of learning by partnering with students, alumni, and others to offer options throughout the entire adult learning life cycle. ...

University of Miami experts weigh the merit and consequences of amending or repealing the communications law that provides a legal shield for service providers from the words, images, and videos posted by their users. ...

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...