Entertainment News

Personal Velocity starring Parker Posey and Fairuza Balk won the grand jury prize at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. The film is about three different women who must overcome life-altering events ranging from spousal abuse to sudden success.

Rap artist C-Murder a.k.a. Corey Miller has been arrested for the death of a 16-year-old who was fatally shot at the Platinum Club in Harvey, La. on Jan.12. Miller is the younger brother of rap mogul Master P and has recorded several albums for No Limit Records.

Former Beatle Paul McCartney has agreed to perform at this year’s Super Bowl, joining a lineup that includes U2, Mariah Carey, and Mary J. Blige. McCartney will sing the song Freedom with children from all of the 180 countries where the game is televised.

Lord of the Rings finally let hold of its reigns on the box office and made room for the gritty war epic Black Hawk Down which debuted with a strong $29 million over the weekend. Rings fell to number three, beneath the Cuba Gooding Jr. instant classic Snow Dogs.

The X-Files is ending after nine seasons, an incredibly long run by network standards. The show will remain in syndication and a sequel to the 1998 film is in the early planning stages, so all of the remaining UFO enthusiasts will have something to live for.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

Ebuka Izundu had a career night as the Canes took down Stephen F. Austin, 96-58. ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...