Entertainment News

Personal Velocity starring Parker Posey and Fairuza Balk won the grand jury prize at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. The film is about three different women who must overcome life-altering events ranging from spousal abuse to sudden success.

Rap artist C-Murder a.k.a. Corey Miller has been arrested for the death of a 16-year-old who was fatally shot at the Platinum Club in Harvey, La. on Jan.12. Miller is the younger brother of rap mogul Master P and has recorded several albums for No Limit Records.

Former Beatle Paul McCartney has agreed to perform at this year’s Super Bowl, joining a lineup that includes U2, Mariah Carey, and Mary J. Blige. McCartney will sing the song Freedom with children from all of the 180 countries where the game is televised.

Lord of the Rings finally let hold of its reigns on the box office and made room for the gritty war epic Black Hawk Down which debuted with a strong $29 million over the weekend. Rings fell to number three, beneath the Cuba Gooding Jr. instant classic Snow Dogs.

The X-Files is ending after nine seasons, an incredibly long run by network standards. The show will remain in syndication and a sequel to the 1998 film is in the early planning stages, so all of the remaining UFO enthusiasts will have something to live for.

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the University of Miami became just the second Hurricanes playe ...

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team secured her spot in the NCAA ...

Six members of the Miami track and field team earned a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships i ...

Former Miami women's basketball standout Emese Hof will begin her overseas professional career ...

It took extra innings, but the Canes dropped their final game of pool play at the 2019 ACC Baseball ...

The Student-Athlete Development department has grown in size and scope and become an integral part o ...