Entertainment News

Personal Velocity starring Parker Posey and Fairuza Balk won the grand jury prize at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. The film is about three different women who must overcome life-altering events ranging from spousal abuse to sudden success.

Rap artist C-Murder a.k.a. Corey Miller has been arrested for the death of a 16-year-old who was fatally shot at the Platinum Club in Harvey, La. on Jan.12. Miller is the younger brother of rap mogul Master P and has recorded several albums for No Limit Records.

Former Beatle Paul McCartney has agreed to perform at this year’s Super Bowl, joining a lineup that includes U2, Mariah Carey, and Mary J. Blige. McCartney will sing the song Freedom with children from all of the 180 countries where the game is televised.

Lord of the Rings finally let hold of its reigns on the box office and made room for the gritty war epic Black Hawk Down which debuted with a strong $29 million over the weekend. Rings fell to number three, beneath the Cuba Gooding Jr. instant classic Snow Dogs.

The X-Files is ending after nine seasons, an incredibly long run by network standards. The show will remain in syndication and a sequel to the 1998 film is in the early planning stages, so all of the remaining UFO enthusiasts will have something to live for.

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is on the verge of losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses ...

The postseason acknowledgments continue to roll in for Gerald Willis. The Miami Hurricanes defensive ...

It is recruiting season in college football, and the Miami Hurricanes have one particular commitment ...

The early signing period is right around the corner and the Miami Hurricanes have plenty of work to ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

The answer to that question may impact what happens to the European Union. ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...