New shuttle service to University Inn

The Hurricane shuttle service has been extended to the University Inn Condominiums to help students living in the complex get across US 1.

“Some students told me that they were having a difficult time getting across US 1 in the morning hours,” said Dr. Patricia Whitely, Vice-President for Student Affairs.

However, thus far the service has not been taken advantage of, said Director of Parking, Daniel Rosemond.

“An average of one student uses the service,” Rosemond said.

“I thought it would be a good service and parking agreed,” said Dr. Whitely. “We hope that students will begin to utilize it.”

The idea to extend service to the University Inn came from a request from Dr. Whitely, said Rosemond.

“I initiated the service with the cooperation and leadership of Daniel Rosemond, Director of Parking,” said Dr. Patricia Whitely.

The extended shuttle service is on a pilot basis and it is supposed to run from 7:30 – 9 a.m. weekday mornings, said Dr. Whitely.

The service has been operating for 2 months now.

“It wasn’t a major difficulty to provide a shuttle because we are using a shuttle that already goes to a property in that area,” said Rosemond.

The shuttle goes to the Inn and drops the students off at the parking garage from where the students then take shuttles to anywhere on campus.

University Inn shuttle services end on the last day of classes and will begin running again in January during the first week of classes.

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

Gerald Willis’ monster season has earned another piece of national recognition. On Monday, the Miami ...

It hasn’t been a great few weeks on the recruiting trail for the Miami Hurricanes with regards to of ...

A six-pack of Heat notes, leading up to Heat-Lakers on Monday night: ▪ In the days before one of his ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...