New shuttle service to University Inn

The Hurricane shuttle service has been extended to the University Inn Condominiums to help students living in the complex get across US 1.

“Some students told me that they were having a difficult time getting across US 1 in the morning hours,” said Dr. Patricia Whitely, Vice-President for Student Affairs.

However, thus far the service has not been taken advantage of, said Director of Parking, Daniel Rosemond.

“An average of one student uses the service,” Rosemond said.

“I thought it would be a good service and parking agreed,” said Dr. Whitely. “We hope that students will begin to utilize it.”

The idea to extend service to the University Inn came from a request from Dr. Whitely, said Rosemond.

“I initiated the service with the cooperation and leadership of Daniel Rosemond, Director of Parking,” said Dr. Patricia Whitely.

The extended shuttle service is on a pilot basis and it is supposed to run from 7:30 – 9 a.m. weekday mornings, said Dr. Whitely.

The service has been operating for 2 months now.

“It wasn’t a major difficulty to provide a shuttle because we are using a shuttle that already goes to a property in that area,” said Rosemond.

The shuttle goes to the Inn and drops the students off at the parking garage from where the students then take shuttles to anywhere on campus.

University Inn shuttle services end on the last day of classes and will begin running again in January during the first week of classes.

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...