New shuttle service to University Inn

The Hurricane shuttle service has been extended to the University Inn Condominiums to help students living in the complex get across US 1.

“Some students told me that they were having a difficult time getting across US 1 in the morning hours,” said Dr. Patricia Whitely, Vice-President for Student Affairs.

However, thus far the service has not been taken advantage of, said Director of Parking, Daniel Rosemond.

“An average of one student uses the service,” Rosemond said.

“I thought it would be a good service and parking agreed,” said Dr. Whitely. “We hope that students will begin to utilize it.”

The idea to extend service to the University Inn came from a request from Dr. Whitely, said Rosemond.

“I initiated the service with the cooperation and leadership of Daniel Rosemond, Director of Parking,” said Dr. Patricia Whitely.

The extended shuttle service is on a pilot basis and it is supposed to run from 7:30 – 9 a.m. weekday mornings, said Dr. Whitely.

The service has been operating for 2 months now.

“It wasn’t a major difficulty to provide a shuttle because we are using a shuttle that already goes to a property in that area,” said Rosemond.

The shuttle goes to the Inn and drops the students off at the parking garage from where the students then take shuttles to anywhere on campus.

University Inn shuttle services end on the last day of classes and will begin running again in January during the first week of classes.

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...