Miami Wins Fifth National Title

Nebraska may have had the best player in college football, but Miami proved they had the best team — romping the Cornhuskers 37-14 in the Rose Bowl to win it’s fifth National Championship.

The Hurricanes played almost flawless football on both sides of the ball. The offense, led by Ken Dorsey, came out strong by scoring 34 points in the first half with a prolific passing game and a solid running game. And the defense held the Nebraska offense, led by Heisman winner Eric Crouch, in check all night.

The win by Miami ended a 10 year drought without a national championship ring.

MORE STORIES TO COME SOON. ALSO LOOK OUT FOR OUR SPECIAL EDITION OF “THE HURRICANE” ON JAN. 18TH.

Seniors Emily Gossett, Millie Chokshi, and Jason Kaplan are eager to implement their platform throug ...

Follow the sights and sounds of the pregame festivities in Orlando leading up to Saturday’s big game ...

A team of researchers created the first mapping model of its kind to track how hate spreads and adap ...

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

The Hurricanes take center stage Saturday as the nation begins celebrating college football's 1 ...

Head coach Manny Diaz and The New Miami will make their debut against an old rival, facing No. 8 Flo ...

Freshman midfielder Ine Østmo joined the Hurricanes in January as an early enrolee from Mandal, Norw ...

Senior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Michael Pinckney and Zach McCloud have already made history ...

UM women's soccer opened its 2019 campaign by blowing past UTRGV, 4-0. ...