Miami Wins Fifth National Title

Nebraska may have had the best player in college football, but Miami proved they had the best team — romping the Cornhuskers 37-14 in the Rose Bowl to win it’s fifth National Championship.

The Hurricanes played almost flawless football on both sides of the ball. The offense, led by Ken Dorsey, came out strong by scoring 34 points in the first half with a prolific passing game and a solid running game. And the defense held the Nebraska offense, led by Heisman winner Eric Crouch, in check all night.

The win by Miami ended a 10 year drought without a national championship ring.

MORE STORIES TO COME SOON. ALSO LOOK OUT FOR OUR SPECIAL EDITION OF “THE HURRICANE” ON JAN. 18TH.

The early signing period is right around the corner and the Miami Hurricanes have plenty of work to ...

We examined where UM stands with defensive recruiting, by position, in this piece. Here’s a look at ...

Lakeland, for the most part, has always been Florida Gators country. Florida has been able to rely o ...

University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz is receiving strong consideration for the head ...

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

The answer to that question may impact what happens to the European Union. ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...