Miami Wins Fifth National Title

Nebraska may have had the best player in college football, but Miami proved they had the best team — romping the Cornhuskers 37-14 in the Rose Bowl to win it’s fifth National Championship.

The Hurricanes played almost flawless football on both sides of the ball. The offense, led by Ken Dorsey, came out strong by scoring 34 points in the first half with a prolific passing game and a solid running game. And the defense held the Nebraska offense, led by Heisman winner Eric Crouch, in check all night.

The win by Miami ended a 10 year drought without a national championship ring.

MORE STORIES TO COME SOON. ALSO LOOK OUT FOR OUR SPECIAL EDITION OF “THE HURRICANE” ON JAN. 18TH.

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...