Miami Wins Fifth National Title

Nebraska may have had the best player in college football, but Miami proved they had the best team — romping the Cornhuskers 37-14 in the Rose Bowl to win it’s fifth National Championship.

The Hurricanes played almost flawless football on both sides of the ball. The offense, led by Ken Dorsey, came out strong by scoring 34 points in the first half with a prolific passing game and a solid running game. And the defense held the Nebraska offense, led by Heisman winner Eric Crouch, in check all night.

The win by Miami ended a 10 year drought without a national championship ring.

MORE STORIES TO COME SOON. ALSO LOOK OUT FOR OUR SPECIAL EDITION OF “THE HURRICANE” ON JAN. 18TH.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...

Junior averaged 11.4 points and 6.7 rebounds per game last season. ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

A duo of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes advanced through to the Round of 16 ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...