Entertainment News

Harry Potter
Almost every box office record in history was zapped by “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” this weekend, which grossed an astounding $93.5 million to surpass “The Lost World’s” previous record of $72.1 million. Other broken records included single day grosses for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The second “Harry Potter” film is already scheduled to begin filming this Monday, part of a seven film franchise, all based on the children’s novels by J.K. Rowling.

Star Wars
A much-anticipated trailer for “Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones” scheduled to run in front of “Harry Potter” was canceled at the last minute by several movie chains for fear of crowd safety levels.

Victoria Secret’s
ABC received numerous complaints from across the country after they aired “Victoria Secret’s Secret Fashion Show” last Thursday night. The FCC is reviewing the special to see if it crossed prime time guidelines with frequent G-string appearances and suggestive backstage conversation with models.

No Doubt
No Doubt’s new album “Rock Steady” is being toted as the major record for December, with a sound catered directly towards the club set and completely void of the ska influence in their earlier works. The group chose producers such as Prince and the Neptunes to help craft the record’s “danceability.” It is scheduled to drop on December 11.

Charlie’s Angels
A proposed sequel to “Charlie’s Angels” is in the early stages, with original director McG officially signed on to helm and actress Cameron Diaz in talks to reprise her role along with undisclosed members of the original cast.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami women's track team kicked off the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships with a ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Hurricanes fell in their final road game of the season, 70-51, at Georgia Tech. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...