Entertainment News

Harry Potter
Almost every box office record in history was zapped by “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” this weekend, which grossed an astounding $93.5 million to surpass “The Lost World’s” previous record of $72.1 million. Other broken records included single day grosses for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The second “Harry Potter” film is already scheduled to begin filming this Monday, part of a seven film franchise, all based on the children’s novels by J.K. Rowling.

Star Wars
A much-anticipated trailer for “Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones” scheduled to run in front of “Harry Potter” was canceled at the last minute by several movie chains for fear of crowd safety levels.

Victoria Secret’s
ABC received numerous complaints from across the country after they aired “Victoria Secret’s Secret Fashion Show” last Thursday night. The FCC is reviewing the special to see if it crossed prime time guidelines with frequent G-string appearances and suggestive backstage conversation with models.

No Doubt
No Doubt’s new album “Rock Steady” is being toted as the major record for December, with a sound catered directly towards the club set and completely void of the ska influence in their earlier works. The group chose producers such as Prince and the Neptunes to help craft the record’s “danceability.” It is scheduled to drop on December 11.

Charlie’s Angels
A proposed sequel to “Charlie’s Angels” is in the early stages, with original director McG officially signed on to helm and actress Cameron Diaz in talks to reprise her role along with undisclosed members of the original cast.

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

The Canes are the top team in Pool D in Durham, joined by No. 5 North Carolina and No. 9 Virginia. ...

The matchups are set for the NCAA Singles Championship and NCAA Doubles Championship at the USTA Nat ...

Adria Soriano Barrera begins competition in the singles draw Monday at 5 p.m. with a contest against ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...