Entertainment News

Harry Potter
Almost every box office record in history was zapped by “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” this weekend, which grossed an astounding $93.5 million to surpass “The Lost World’s” previous record of $72.1 million. Other broken records included single day grosses for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The second “Harry Potter” film is already scheduled to begin filming this Monday, part of a seven film franchise, all based on the children’s novels by J.K. Rowling.

Star Wars
A much-anticipated trailer for “Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones” scheduled to run in front of “Harry Potter” was canceled at the last minute by several movie chains for fear of crowd safety levels.

Victoria Secret’s
ABC received numerous complaints from across the country after they aired “Victoria Secret’s Secret Fashion Show” last Thursday night. The FCC is reviewing the special to see if it crossed prime time guidelines with frequent G-string appearances and suggestive backstage conversation with models.

No Doubt
No Doubt’s new album “Rock Steady” is being toted as the major record for December, with a sound catered directly towards the club set and completely void of the ska influence in their earlier works. The group chose producers such as Prince and the Neptunes to help craft the record’s “danceability.” It is scheduled to drop on December 11.

Charlie’s Angels
A proposed sequel to “Charlie’s Angels” is in the early stages, with original director McG officially signed on to helm and actress Cameron Diaz in talks to reprise her role along with undisclosed members of the original cast.

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team dropped its final Atlantic Coast Conference contest o ...

Frydlova and Grimstad each record 3-over 75 Sunday; Weber leads UM in 12th place. ...

The Hurricanes' rotation saved its best for last. ...

Sean Grossman broke the 30-minute mark to set a school record in the men's 10,000m at the Virgi ...