Entertainment News

Harry Potter
Almost every box office record in history was zapped by “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” this weekend, which grossed an astounding $93.5 million to surpass “The Lost World’s” previous record of $72.1 million. Other broken records included single day grosses for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The second “Harry Potter” film is already scheduled to begin filming this Monday, part of a seven film franchise, all based on the children’s novels by J.K. Rowling.

Star Wars
A much-anticipated trailer for “Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones” scheduled to run in front of “Harry Potter” was canceled at the last minute by several movie chains for fear of crowd safety levels.

Victoria Secret’s
ABC received numerous complaints from across the country after they aired “Victoria Secret’s Secret Fashion Show” last Thursday night. The FCC is reviewing the special to see if it crossed prime time guidelines with frequent G-string appearances and suggestive backstage conversation with models.

No Doubt
No Doubt’s new album “Rock Steady” is being toted as the major record for December, with a sound catered directly towards the club set and completely void of the ska influence in their earlier works. The group chose producers such as Prince and the Neptunes to help craft the record’s “danceability.” It is scheduled to drop on December 11.

Charlie’s Angels
A proposed sequel to “Charlie’s Angels” is in the early stages, with original director McG officially signed on to helm and actress Cameron Diaz in talks to reprise her role along with undisclosed members of the original cast.

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...