Miami v.s. Syracuse 3:30 P.M. on ABC

Miami
Quarterbacks: Ken Dorsey had the worst game of his career last week at Boston College. On that note, look for him to bounce right back and have a productive game against the Orangemen.

Running Backs: Clinton Portis was a workhorse last week, rushing for 165 yards on 36 carries. Willis McGahee looks to return from injury and Frank Gore keeps getting better.

Wide Receivers: Kevin Beard and Ethenic Sands have stepped up their play, each recording four receptions last week. Unit must stretch the field and make some big plays.

Offensive Line: Did not allow a sack last game. Offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie will face the biggest challenge of his career against stellar defensive end Dwight Freeney.

Defensive Line: Will look forward to the return of defensive end Andrew Williams from injury. The line will need to be aware of Anderson’s trickery.

Linebackers: Vilma and company will face a big test going up against the option. They must do a better job of closing off the middle of the field.

Secondary: Mike Rumph was the unsung hero last week with his pass deflection that resulted in an Ed Reed touchdown. They will have to make some tackles tomorrow, as they will not be tested downfield.

Special Teams: Todd Sievers’ four field goals last week won the game for the Hurricanes. The kickoff coverage must improve.

Syracuse
Quarterbacks: Sophomore R.J. Anderson is not much of a passing threat, but is dangerous on the ground. He will test Miami’s rush defense.

Running Backs: James Mungro is 63 yards shy from a 1,000-yard season. He will be the main target on the option. Anderson will keep the ball a lot as well.

Wide Receiver: The Syracuse passing attack will not pose much of a threat to the outstanding Miami secondary. Junior David Tyree leads the team with 17 receptions for 221 yards.

Offensive Line: Unit has opened holes all year for Mungro. They have allowed 21 sacks in ten games, but those include when Anderson is tackled for a loss in the option.

Defensive Line: Dwight Freeney will attempt to add on his NCAA-record 16.5 sacks, but must do so against McKinnie. Defensive tackle Christian Ferrara will be an inside threat. He has 4.5 sacks on the season.

Linebackers: Middle linebacker Clifton Smith is second on the team with 82 tackles. Outside linebacker Charles Burton has 47 tackles on the season, including six for a loss.

Secondary: Free safety Quentin Harris leads the team with 107 tackles and four interceptions. Speedy cornerback Latroy Oliver also has four interceptions on the season.

Special Teams: Jamel Riddle is a dangerous punt return man, averaging 13.1 yards a return, including a touchdown against Virginia Tech earlier in the season. Since taking over as place-kicker, Collin Barber is a perfect four-of-four, including a 45-yarder.

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

The Canes are the top team in Pool D in Durham, joined by No. 5 North Carolina and No. 9 Virginia. ...

The matchups are set for the NCAA Singles Championship and NCAA Doubles Championship at the USTA Nat ...

Adria Soriano Barrera begins competition in the singles draw Monday at 5 p.m. with a contest against ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...