Greeks and the ‘Hurricane’

The final disciplinary action against members of Alpha Epsilon Pi for the theft of the Oct. 5 editions of the Hurricane should not be seen as an indictment of the university Greek system.

The theft was clearly the misguided action of certain individuals. These people sought to deny us of our right to publish and distribute the paper and your right to read it.

Any reasonable person would agree their actions were deplorable.

However, there are some who have sought to cloud the issue of the theft by attempting to drive a wedge between the Greek community and this newspaper. Regrettably, we suspect those people are guided by their egos rather than a desire to help lead our university community.

That is clearly unacceptable to us.

We believe that the vast majority of those in UM fraternities and sororities strongly support our efforts to bring you the news. And we strongly support their efforts to improve our community.

The University of Miami has joined forces with a national collaborative to help raise awareness and ...

Political scientist Calla Hummel, who was in Bolivia during its flawed election, shares her insights ...

University of Miami Frost School of Music alumni are recognized on Latin music’s biggest night—the 2 ...

A new course is providing students a primer on planning the Super Bowl, one of the biggest events of ...

A week full of spirit, friendly competition and ’Canes pride was on display during Homecoming and Al ...

Jim Larrañaga oftentimes told Bruce Brown that his path to a successful NBA career was at the point ...

Following a win in its first road game of the season, the Miami men's basketball team will resu ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - University of Miami head women's basketball coach Katie Meier announced th ...

Emma Langlois and five members of the men's cross country team return to Tallahassee for the NC ...