Entertainment News

Today

Live at Sunrise Musical Theater. For tickets or info, call 954-741-7300.

UM Surfrider Club is throwing a “Surf Party” at the Rat featuring the band Late For Life, DJs, a raffle for Quiksilver gear and surf videos on the big screen all night long. Starts at 8 PM until 1 AM.

“What’s Your Focus Festival” featuring Live at Sunrise Musical Theater. Tickets $25. Charge by phone: 954-523-3309.

Through November 18
Miami Book Fair International at MDCC Wolfson Campus, featuring authors Dianne Goodman and Ralph Angel, among others. For info, please visit http://www.mdcc.edu/bookfair.

November 18
Henry Rollins’ rescheduled spoken word performance at the Rat. Doors open at 6:30. Tickets are required to attend.

Reggae star Beenie Man at the AT&T Amphitheater. Show starts at 1 PM. Tickets are $23. Charge by phone: 305-358-5885.

November 19
Sneak Preview of Spy Game, starring Brad Pitt and Robert Redford, at Cosford at 10 PM. Tickets are available.

November 21
Ozzy Osbourne with Rob Zombie, Mudvayne and Soil at America Airlines Arena. For info, call 786-777-1240.

Juvenile and City High at Bay Front Park. Show starts at 8 PM. Tickets are $25. Charge by phone: 305-358-5885.

November 28
Sneak Preview of How High, starring Method Man, Redman and lots of marijuana at Cosford at 9 PM. Tickets are available.

November 29
Aerosmith and The Cult at NCRC. Call 954-835-8275 for info.
Benefit concert featuring Sugar Ray at Level. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the American Red Cross. Tickets are $28 for general admission, $100 for VIP. For info call 305-532-7733.

December 1
The 2001 Buzz Bake Sale Tour at Mars Music Amphitheater. Featured artists will include Disturbed, Adema, Static-X, Stroke 9 and Tantric, among others. For info or tickets, visit www.marsmusicamp.com.

December 8
Zeta’s Nutcracker Ball, featuring Nickelback, Saliva and Default at Sunrise Musical Theater. Tickets $15. For info visit www.zetarocks.com.

January 15-20
The Rocky Horror Show at Jackie Gleason. Call 305-673-7300 for info.

Hosmay Lopez, a meteorologist at the University of Miami Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmosp ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

The overnight pre-orientation program – now in its 30th year – welcomes newly admitted first-year co ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...