Entertainment News

Today

Live at Sunrise Musical Theater. For tickets or info, call 954-741-7300.

UM Surfrider Club is throwing a “Surf Party” at the Rat featuring the band Late For Life, DJs, a raffle for Quiksilver gear and surf videos on the big screen all night long. Starts at 8 PM until 1 AM.

“What’s Your Focus Festival” featuring Live at Sunrise Musical Theater. Tickets $25. Charge by phone: 954-523-3309.

Through November 18
Miami Book Fair International at MDCC Wolfson Campus, featuring authors Dianne Goodman and Ralph Angel, among others. For info, please visit http://www.mdcc.edu/bookfair.

November 18
Henry Rollins’ rescheduled spoken word performance at the Rat. Doors open at 6:30. Tickets are required to attend.

Reggae star Beenie Man at the AT&T Amphitheater. Show starts at 1 PM. Tickets are $23. Charge by phone: 305-358-5885.

November 19
Sneak Preview of Spy Game, starring Brad Pitt and Robert Redford, at Cosford at 10 PM. Tickets are available.

November 21
Ozzy Osbourne with Rob Zombie, Mudvayne and Soil at America Airlines Arena. For info, call 786-777-1240.

Juvenile and City High at Bay Front Park. Show starts at 8 PM. Tickets are $25. Charge by phone: 305-358-5885.

November 28
Sneak Preview of How High, starring Method Man, Redman and lots of marijuana at Cosford at 9 PM. Tickets are available.

November 29
Aerosmith and The Cult at NCRC. Call 954-835-8275 for info.
Benefit concert featuring Sugar Ray at Level. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the American Red Cross. Tickets are $28 for general admission, $100 for VIP. For info call 305-532-7733.

December 1
The 2001 Buzz Bake Sale Tour at Mars Music Amphitheater. Featured artists will include Disturbed, Adema, Static-X, Stroke 9 and Tantric, among others. For info or tickets, visit www.marsmusicamp.com.

December 8
Zeta’s Nutcracker Ball, featuring Nickelback, Saliva and Default at Sunrise Musical Theater. Tickets $15. For info visit www.zetarocks.com.

January 15-20
The Rocky Horror Show at Jackie Gleason. Call 305-673-7300 for info.

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

The University of Miami basketball team was unable to overcome Virginia’s pack-line defense in a 59- ...

Even in signing a strong overall class, UM lost out on five defensive targets on National Signing Da ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

It was the 25th and final University of Miami Opening Day for an emotional Jim Morris but the first ...

Redshirt freshman Alicia Blagg made quite an ACC Championships debut Friday night, capturing a gold ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play a pair of road matches in the Southwest this wee ...

University of Miami football player Deejay Dallas is an active member in the Hurricanes' Studen ...

Canes and Orange battle in noon game on CBS. ...