Basketball Review Hurricane women

Martha Bodley (45)
C, 6-3, Senior, St. Croix Educational Complex
Last Year: Bodley saw spot duty off the bench, averaging two points and 1.3 rebounds in 18 games.
This Year: As the only true center on Miami’s roster, Bodley should see a significant block of time early on. She will have to show results in order to keep earning minutes.

Kathryn Fowler (33)
F, 6-0, Senior, Christ the King
Last Year: Fowler continued to see time off the bench, playing in 23 games. However, her numbers decreased to 2.9 points and 2.5 rebounds.
This Year: As one of the more experienced players, Fowler will give the Hurricane bench some help and will likely see at least a similar role as last year.

Melissa Knight (3)
F, 5-11, Freshman, William Penn Charter
Last Year: According to the All-Star Girls Report, Knight was ranked the 111th best player in the class of 2001.
This Year: Knight brings an ability to add several things to this ball club. She will likely be one of the first players off Ferne Labati’s bench.

Yalonda McCormick (10)
G, 5-8, Freshman, Monsignor Pace
Last Year: Leading Pace to a 26-2 record, McCormick averaged 21.5 points, 10.5 assists, and an unheard of 10.1 steals per game.
This Year: The wildcard of the Hurricanes, McCormick’s potential is endless and if she doesn’t start the season at point guard, she will likely receive significant time at the position.

Amanda Papuga (21)
G, 5-10, Junior, Lyons Township
Last Year: One of the most improved players on the team, Papuga saw some starts at the point and overall, averaged 5.5 points and 2.8 assists.
This Year: Papuga is recovering from a hamstring injury and hopefully will be available for the start of the season. When healthy, she will give Miami some much needed depth at guard.

Fallon Phanord (22)
G, 5-9, Freshman, Michael M. Krop
Last Year: After a promising junior campaign, Phanord missed all of last season due to injury.
This Year: Phanord has worked extremely hard in recovering from injuries and has earned herself a spot on the team. Now her goal is to earn some significant playing time off the bench.

Yolanda Whigham (14)
G, 5-8, Freshman, Plant City
Last Year: Ranked No. 24 in the nation by Blue Star Index, Whigham also saw action with the Big East summer team.
This Year: Unfortunately, the summer also brought a torn ACL to Whigham, and she is expected to be out of action until December. When she returns, Whigham will look to give Miami an immediate boost.

Shaqu ana Wilkins (23)
F, 6-2, Sophomore, Winter Park
Last Year: As a freshman, Wilkins saw minutes off the bench, averaging 3.6 points and 2.3 rebounds while shooting 53.6 percent from the field
This Year: Wilkins may be Miami’s first forward off the bench and will definitely be looked upon to continue improving in her play.

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...