News Briefs: Week of 4/2

Disabilities Culture Campus Event

When: 8 p.m. April 5

Where: East Ballroom of the Shalala Student Center

Healthy U Healthy Me is hosting a week full of events for its Health Week 2018. The organization has partnered up with another student organization, University of Miami Best Buddies, to bring several guests to speak about disability cultures and disparities in the community of people with disabilities. The event is free and open to the public.

Miami Beach Pride Parade

When: 12 p.m. April 8

Where: Ocean Drive, Miami Beach

It’s Pride Awareness Week at the University of Miami, and the LGBTQ Student Center, SpectrUM and a slew of other campus organizations will represent the school at the Miami Beach Pride Parade. More than 100,000 people attend the parade every year. The university will have its own parade float and will provide buses to and from the event. Buses leave Stanford Circle at 8:30 a.m. and return at 5 p.m. Participants will get a free T-shirt.

Amanda Herrera

Amanda Herrera can be reached via email at aherrera@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @_AmandaHerrera.

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...

After rallying to force a split, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miamis women's tennis team was u ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will wrap up the memorable 2018 season as No. 42 in t ...