Basketball, Sports, Tennis

Sports Roundup: UM basketball picks up wins, Canes tennis falls short

Men’s Basketball

The Miami Hurricanes snapped a two-game skid with an 86-81 win over North Carolina State Jan. 21. Sophomore Bruce Brown led the Canes with 19 points and nine assists.

Next, UM faces Louisville, a team adjusting after the loss of former head coach Rick Pitino. He was dismissed in September 2017 following an FBI investigation dealing with a corruption scandal.

Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. Jan. 24 at the Watsco Center.

Women’s Basketball

Miami is on a three-game winning streak, and senior captain Erykah Davenport has recorded a double-double in each matchup. She is averaging 13.7 points and 11.3 rebounds per game during that span.

UM looks to continue the trend against Louisville 11 a.m. Jan. 25 at the Watsco Center. Tip-off is early to accommodate Elementary School Day, an event in which kids take a field trip to watch the Canes.

Men’s Tennis

The Hurricanes suffered a 5-2 loss to No. 14-ranked Mississippi State Jan. 21.

Miami captured the doubles point with 6-1, 7-6 victories but then dropped five of six singles matches.

UM will begin a five-game homestand at 3 p.m. Feb. 2 against Georgia Southern University.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...