Athletics, Baseball, Cover, Football, Sports

Sports Roundup: Miami football releases schedule, Hurricanes baseball ranked top 10 in preseason poll

University of Miami athletics made a couple of big announcements on Wednesday, Jan. 17.

Football

Miami football released its 2018 schedule, a 12-game list that starts on Sept. 2 against LSU in the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, and ends on Nov. 24 in a home matchup against Pittsburgh at Hard Rock Stadium.

The Hurricanes play North Carolina at home in a Thursday night game Sept. 27, and then get an extended eight-day rest until they play rival Florida State at home Saturday, Oct. 6.

Miami has a tough stretch from Oct. 13 to Nov. 17, when it plays four out of five games on the road with the exception of Duke Nov. 3.

Baseball

It was announced Wednesday that Hurricanes baseball came in ranked No. 9 in the Perfect Game preseason top 25 poll.

This is UM’s second top-20 preseason ranking, the first coming when the team was ranked No. 20 by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper in December 2017.

Miami’s 2017 recruiting class was ranked No. 8 in the country by Baseball America. This add to a Canes group that has 15 active players returning from last season.

The Canes start their season at home against Rutgers in a three-game weekend series Feb. 16-18 at Mark Light Field.

Head coach Jim Morris will be coaching in his 25th and final year at the U.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...