Dear V

Staying cuffed while away from bae for the holiday

The semester is winding down, and that means V has been getting asked one pressing question again and again: What happens when I’m separated from my bae over break?

This is part of TMH’s Question and Answer edition, which means your favorite sexy sex columnist is going to give you a very questionable answer on this important topic.

It’s been said that distance makes the heart grow fonder, but whoever said that was tripping harder than palm tree girl at Ultra 2013.

In my experience, absence rips your heart out, shoots it, runs it over with a bulldozer and then lights it on fire … multiple times each day.

It starts with missing little things about your bae, then escalates to full-blown FOMO. It may even morph into anxiety about whether your bae is being loyal – all in the span of a few weeks.

Like many students, I’ve been looking forward to Dec. 20 since the post-Irma semester started. But thinking about leaving makes me want to stay in this end-of-semester hell forever. It always seems relationships with friends and boos build all semester and peak two weeks before it ends, and then we just leave it all behind for a month.

So how do you cope with this and make sure you’re not bitter about your bae when you’re reunited in January? Talk about it. You have to talk about expectations and define the relationship if you haven’t already.

There’s nothing worse than hearing about your bae messing around with a hometown hottie over the holidays while you try to channel your inner Virgin Mary, so communication is key.

Text your person 40 times a day to remind them not only that you exist but that you are a charming, delightful gift they can come back to after the holidays. Harass them to keep a Snapchat streak going. FaceTime them each night and complain about your family or how depressed your hometown makes you.

Even if you’re not physically with your honey, there’s no reason you can’t make it seem that way. After all, this is the 21st century. And even if you made it out of Miami cuffing season shackle-free, this advice applies to friendships, too.

V wishes a happy holiday season to all you ho-ho-hos. If you want to ask V a question, email dearv@themiamihurricane.com.

V'S Take

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...