Basketball, Sports, Tennis

Sports Roundup: Week of 12/11

Women’s Basketball

The Hurricanes pulled off their biggest win of the season so far in a 65-54 victory over the No. 20 Kentucky Wildcats Dec. 10 at the Watsco Center.

Led by freshman Endia Banks’ 12 points and eight assists, UM put forth a well-balanced effort, with four players scoring in double-figures. Senior center Erykah Davenport recorded her third double-double of the year with 12 points and 12 rebounds.

Miami held Kentucky to just 32 percent shooting.

The Canes play their final game of a seven-game home stand when they host Alabama State 7 p.m. Dec. 15 at the Watsco Center.

Men’s Basketball

Miami received a lot of good news Dec. 11.

The Hurricanes have moved up to No. 6 in the latest AP Top 25 poll, their highest ranking since 2013. It was also announced that freshman guard Lonnie Walker was named ACC Rookie of the Week after scoring a career-high 26 points to lead UM to a 69-54 win over Boston University Dec. 5.

The Canes will travel to Washington D.C. to face off against George Washington University at noon Dec. 16. The game will be a homecoming for freshman guard Chris Lykes, who is from Mitchellville, Maryland.

Women’s Tennis

UM will kickoff the spring season by hosting the Miami Spring Invite Jan. 19-21 in the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

The competition will give the Hurricanes a chance to show off their skills against some of the best teams in the country.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...