Campus Life, News

News Briefs: Week of 12/11

Pancakes with Pat

When: 9-10 p.m. Dec. 13

Where: Space between Shalala Student Center and Food Court

The last couple of weeks of school are hard for many people. If you’re looking for an energy boost, fuel yourself with free pancakes and hot chocolate with Vice President for Student Affairs Pat Whitely. She will be joined by members of Student Government, Omicron Delta Kappa and ‘Canes Care for ‘Canes. All food and beverages are free.

K[no]w More

When: Dec. 13

Shirt distribution noon to 5 p.m. Dec. 12 in UC Breezeway

Where: University of Miami campuses

An initiative created by UM students Evelyn Mangold and Maddie Xilas, the K[no]w More campaign will look to bring hundreds of women on campus together to wear matching shirts with the slogan K[no]w More. The campaign seeks to demand the university do more to support and educate the community about sexual assault. There have been nearly 300 orders for shirts which will be distributed on Dec. 12 in the UC Breezeway. Extra shirts will be available for purchase.

PAMM Free Community Night: Tech Takeover

When: 6-9 p.m. Jan. 4

Where: Pérez Art Museum Miami

The PAMM will host a showcase of Miami’s tech startups. The night will include presentations from different businesses using technologies in different ways to transform the community, such as Breeze Creative, an interactive experience design company, and Code/Art Miami, a non-profit organization working to increase the number of girls studying computer science. The event is part of a weekend-long tech takeover seeking to merge art and technology.

Amanda Herrera

Amanda Herrera can be reached via email at aherrera@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @_AmandaHerrera.

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

The Canes wrapped up a stormy weekend at the NCAA East Preliminary with their final two qualifiers f ...

Miami native pulls name out of NBA Draft process. ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...