Best of Miami, Cover, Edge

Best of UMiami 2017: The Global City

COVER_square.jpg

Pitbull sings about “international love,” and when it comes to the mixing of global cultures, there’s no place quite like Miami. On a campus where students can grab arepas, pastelitos, and poke bowls between classes, where one might hear snatches of Spanish, Arabic, French and Chinese on the sidewalks, it’s hard to forget the unique cultural fabric of the city of Miami. Located at the southeastern tip of the United States, Miami serves as a gateway to South and Central America. At the same time, its attractions draw in students and residents from all over the world. The Miami Hurricane’s 2017 edition of Best of UMiami, “The Global City,” is your student passport to not only some of the most exciting parts of this multicultural city, but also the most memorable parts of this unique campus.

Check out our special issue on our stands now, and navigate our features with our Best of UMiami special webpage here.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

In singles play, the Hurricanes demonstrated strength at the top with both of their ranked players – ...

Hurricanes and Fighting Irish play at 7 p.m. Monday. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team opened competition Sunday at the 2018 A ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...