Administration, News

Jessica Brumley appointed new vice president for Facilities Operations and Planning

Jessica Brumley.png

Newly appointed Jessica Brumley will oversee five different university departments as part of her role as UM's vice president for Facilities Operations and Planning, effective January 2018. Photo credit: Photo Courtesy: Nova Southeastern University

Jessica Brumley has been named the University of Miami’s new vice president for Facilities Operations and Planning beginning in January.

Brumley’s appointment was announced Nov. 1 in an email from Jacqueline Travisano, vice president for business and finance and chief operating officer.

In her role as vice president of Facilities Management at Nova Southeastern University, Brumley expanded more than 1.6 million square feet of classroom, clinical, office and simulation space and helped plan the creation of a 30-acre campus in Tampa Bay.

Brumley joined NSU in 2009 as director of design and construction. In 2014, she was appointed executive director of Facilities. In 2015, she served as the university’s interim vice president for Facilities Management before being officially appointed to the position in February 2016.

At UM, Brumley will be in charge of “providing strategic vision, leadership, coordination and administrative oversight to services that enhance academic, clinical and research experience” for the UM community, according to the email.

She will oversee many of the university’s ever-growing departments, including Real Estate, Campus Planning, Facilities Design and Construction, Facilities Administration, and Parking and Transportation.

Brumley received her bachelor’s in art and architecture from the University of Pittsburgh in 2001.

Brumley will start at UM in January 2018.

Amanda Herrera

Amanda Herrera can be reached via email at aherrera@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @_AmandaHerrera.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

In singles play, the Hurricanes demonstrated strength at the top with both of their ranked players – ...

Hurricanes and Fighting Irish play at 7 p.m. Monday. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team opened competition Sunday at the 2018 A ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...