Administration, News

Jessica Brumley appointed new vice president for Facilities Operations and Planning

Jessica Brumley.png

Newly appointed Jessica Brumley will oversee five different university departments as part of her role as UM's vice president for Facilities Operations and Planning, effective January 2018. Photo credit: Photo Courtesy: Nova Southeastern University

Jessica Brumley has been named the University of Miami’s new vice president for Facilities Operations and Planning beginning in January.

Brumley’s appointment was announced Nov. 1 in an email from Jacqueline Travisano, vice president for business and finance and chief operating officer.

In her role as vice president of Facilities Management at Nova Southeastern University, Brumley expanded more than 1.6 million square feet of classroom, clinical, office and simulation space and helped plan the creation of a 30-acre campus in Tampa Bay.

Brumley joined NSU in 2009 as director of design and construction. In 2014, she was appointed executive director of Facilities. In 2015, she served as the university’s interim vice president for Facilities Management before being officially appointed to the position in February 2016.

At UM, Brumley will be in charge of “providing strategic vision, leadership, coordination and administrative oversight to services that enhance academic, clinical and research experience” for the UM community, according to the email.

She will oversee many of the university’s ever-growing departments, including Real Estate, Campus Planning, Facilities Design and Construction, Facilities Administration, and Parking and Transportation.

Brumley received her bachelor’s in art and architecture from the University of Pittsburgh in 2001.

Brumley will start at UM in January 2018.

Amanda Herrera

Amanda Herrera can be reached via email at aherrera@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @_AmandaHerrera.

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

Keep your computers and TVs going during the second night of the NFL Draft on April 27, as at least ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team notched its 10th ACC win of the season with a 5-2 road tri ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the region Sunday, the University of Miami baseball program ann ...

The University of Miami baseball team will host visiting Pittsburgh for a three-game series beginnin ...

Johnson, Mack and McGusty join Hurricanes' program for 2018-19 season. ...

Kasey Crider was named Miami volleyball's associate head coach after three seasons on head coac ...