Community, Edge

5 fun and easy Halloween costumes

Halloween prep time is flying by and you still don’t have a costume. These five costumes can be created with just a few items you probably have on hand already. If you can’t scare your friends, at least impress them with your effort.

1. Eddie Kaspbrak and Richie Tozier from “It” (2017)

If you plan to dress up as one of the characters from the blockbuster hit “It, stray away from Pennywise and focus on the duo of Eddie and Richie. The main characters are just as recognizable as the freaky clown, but more creative.

What you’ll need:

— Square glasses for Richie

— Gauze to create a cast for Eddie’s broken right hand. Don’t forget to add the special signature “Lover” instead of “Loser”

— Dirt/paint to add to shirt and jeans

it.png

2. Billy the Puppet from “Jigsaw

The eighth part of the famous horror franchise “Saw” comes out in theaters a couple days before Halloween. Use your basic makeup skills to scare your friends as this well-known character.

What you’ll need:

— White face powder or face paint

— Black mascara

— Black eyeliner to smudge on and under eyelids

— Red lipstick to draw spiral circles on cheeks and apply to lips

— Black and red contact lenses

Pair the signature makeup look with a Billy-inspired monochromatic outfit.

saw.png

3. Scooby-Doo Crew

Throw it back to one of the original ghost-busting squads by getting a group of friends together to dress up as the members of the “Scooby Doo” gang. You can also fly solo and dress up as just one of the crew members.

What you’ll need:

—Orange shirt and red skirt with big, chunky glasses for Velma’s outfit

—Purple dress and green scarf with a thick hair band for Daphne’s look

— Green shirt and brown pants with messy hair for Shaggy’s ensemble

—Blue pants and white shirt with a bright red or orange ascot for Fred’s signature look

daphne.png

4. Bellatrix Lestrange from the “Harry Potterseries

Each character from J.K. Rowling’s universe is a great choice for Halloween, but there’s something a bit more horrifying about Bellatrix that sets her apart, making it a perfect costume for this spooky holiday. Voldemort’s loyal servant is known for her creepy eyes and wild, curly hair.

What you’ll need:

— Long black, gothic-style dress, or a long high-waisted black skirt and shirt

—Curling iron and hairspray to create curls and volume

—White face powder

— Dark red or brown lipstick

— Necklace with a skull and a magic “wand”

harry potter.png

5. “Rick and Morty

Transforming into the main characters from this animated sitcom is a great, timely pop-culture reference.

What you’ll need:

— A yellow shirt, white shoes and blue jeans for Morty

— A doctor’s coat, brown jeans, a light blue shirt, a flask and a blue wig, or blue hair spray, for Rick

rick and morty.png

Elina Katrin

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...