Athletics, Soccer, Sports, Tennis, Volleyball

Miami soccer, volleyball and tennis all make changes to schedule

Three different Canes’ sports have either postponed or canceled scheduled events after Hurricane Irma ravaged South Florida.

Hurricanes soccer (4-2) was set to travel to face Syracuse on Sept. 15, but the match has been postponed. The game will be rescheduled once the two programs can confirm a mutually agreeable date.

The undefeated Hurricanes volleyball team (6-0) were preparing to host James Madison, Auburn and South Alabama for the UM/FIU Invitational Sept. 15-16, but the tournament was canceled and will not be rescheduled. The Canes will return to action Sept. 22 against Virginia Tech.

Miami tennis confirmed it will not participate in the Duke Bonk Invitational, which was supposed to be the team’s opening competition for the 2017-2018 season. As a result, the Canes’ scheduled trip to North Carolina for the weekend of Sept. 15 has been canceled.

More information will be given about the status of Hurricanes sports as the university continues its process to fully reopen campus.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...

Three Miami women's tennis players are featured in this week's Oracle/ITA rankings, along ...

Riding a five-game road winning streak, the Miami women's basketball team will look to make it ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...