Football, Sports, UM-FSU

FSU and Georgia Tech football games rescheduled

The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced that two conference football games will be rescheduled due to the impacts of Hurricane Irma: the FSU away game has been pushed back three weeks to Saturday, Oct. 7, and Georgia Tech at Miami has been rescheduled for Saturday, Oct. 14.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone who is feeling the effects of Hurricane Irma,” said ACC Commissioner John Swofford. “As important as football is to all of us, these kinds of events provide perspective when you’re talking about life-threatening events and the aftermath ramifications.

The much-anticipated UM-FSU rivalry game, along with the school-sponsored away trip for 85 students, was originally scheduled for next weekend, on Saturday, Sept. 16. Tallahassee is also expected to be affected by Hurricane Irma later this week.

The Georgia Tech game in Miami was originally scheduled for two days earlier, on Thursday, Oct. 12.

Earlier this week, the Miami game at Arkansas State for this weekend was canceled. Due to a lack of mutual open weekends, the non-conference game will not be rescheduled this season.

Featured photo courtesy Atlantic Coast Conference.

Jackie Yang

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

In singles play, the Hurricanes demonstrated strength at the top with both of their ranked players – ...

Hurricanes and Fighting Irish play at 7 p.m. Monday. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team opened competition Sunday at the 2018 A ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...