Football, Soccer, Sports, Volleyball

Sports Roundup: 9/1-9/3

Football

The season is finally here. Head Coach Mark Richt and the Hurricanes will open the 2017 season at 12:30 p.m. Sept. 2 at Hard Rock Stadium with a matchup against the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats. Prepare to watch newly named starting quarterback Malik Rosier lead the Canes.

Soccer

Miami will finish up its five-game road trip with a pair of road games against Yale at 7 p.m. Sept. 1 and Quinnipiac at noon Sept. 3. The team is trying to bounce back from its first loss of the season, a 1-0 defeat to Cincinnati Aug. 27.

Volleyball

The undefeated ‘Canes (3-0) will participate in the 2017 Homewood Suites Sunshine State Classic in Fort Myers, Florida, this upcoming weekend. They will play Florida Atlantic University at 4:30 p.m. Sept. 1, University of Central Florida at 1:30 p.m. Sept. 2 and Florida Gulf Coast University at 7 p.m. Sept. 2.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Miami's women's track and field team entered the top-15 in the latest edition of the NCAA ...

Junior righthander Andrew Cabezas was recognized with ACC Pitcher of the Week honors after an outsta ...

Hurricanes record their best round of tournament on Monday. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team highlighted its Senior Day with a 4-0 sweep against D ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...