Edge, Television

The pressing questions the “Game of Thrones” finale must answer

In a few hours, fans from across the globe will be sitting down to view the last episode of the second to the last season of the HBO hit, “Game of Thrones.”

The episode that aired last week, “Beyond the Wall,” which lasted an epic hour and twenty minutes, made up for the news that the season was being cut short at only seven episodes.

After Jon and friends journeyed beyond the wall in an attempt to kidnap a single White Walker as proof of their existence, Daenerys Targaryen swooped in to save the day and burned a considerable amount of the Night King’s army. Then, the Night King was able to throw a spear and add one of the dragons to his army.

It’s safe to expect a battle between the living armies of Westeros and the army of the dead in the episode tonight.

If paying close attention to the subtleties of the last episode there was a looming sexual tension between Jon Snow and Daenerys. The hand-holding and longing looks were slyly included.

However, with the surprising yet secretive news that they are related, watchers will be interested to see how that plays out in the last episode and if the truth will finally surface.

The season foreshadowed dramas to come like Littlefinger creating a rift between Sansa and Arya Stark, Jon and Daenerys Targaryen agreeing to fight the White Walkers together and Euron Greyjoy promising Cersei Lannister to win her over with a “priceless” gift.

It is safe to say the season seven finale will undoubtedly be one for the books.

Featured photo courtesy Helen Sloan, HBO.

Isabella Abdullah

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

University leaders from the Americas explore creating a Hemispheric University Consortium to work to ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team checks in at No. 39 in the Oracle/ITA rankings Tuesda ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...

Miami's women's track and field team entered the top-15 in the latest edition of the NCAA ...

Junior righthander Andrew Cabezas was recognized with ACC Pitcher of the Week honors after an outsta ...

Hurricanes record their best round of tournament on Monday. ...