Community, Edge, Food

Score free food from student organizations during finals

Final exams are full of stress, all-nighters and plenty of coffee and energy drinks. That said, there’s still that one beacon of hope for every college student – free food. Need a break from cramming or catching up on 500 pages of reading? Look no further. Here’s your guide to free eats this finals season.

Frozen Lemonade, Food Trucks, Iced Coffee, Oh My!

The grand slam of finals week. The big hurrah. Join Student Affairs for frozen lemonade, food truck vendors, donuts, iced coffee, Jamba Juice and ice cream. Need any more motivation to head over to the Green starting at noon May 1? Didn’t think so. It’s every stressed-out college student’s dream.

Donuts

Donut worry, be stress-free. Head over to the UC Patio from 1-2 p.m. May 1 to indulge your sweet tooth in some tasty donuts, courtesy of the Indian Students Association. Is it even possible to be worried while eating a donut with pink frosting and sprinkles?

Waffles and Ice Cream

What’s the only thing greater than chicken and waffles? Waffles and ice cream. Yes, you read that right. Run over to the Council of International Students and Organizations (COISO) in the Shalala Student Center room 210B from noon to 2 p.m. May 2 before the food runs out.

Lunch

The Graduate Student Association is at it again with free lunch. Join the organization 12:30-1:30 p.m. May 6 and enjoy a complimentary lunch while learning about the services and support UM offers to its graduate students.

Hannah Bourgeois

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...