News briefs

Hug the Lake 2017

When: 12 p.m. April 21

Where: Lake Osceola, Lakeside Patio

In honor of Earth Day, UMiami Random Acts of Kindness, a student organization aimed at spreading positivity across campus, will be hosting a daylong event during which students can learn about protecting the environment. Students will be able to “hug” the lake while interlocking arms with one another. The event will feature an art exhibit, prize ceremony and concert, featuring the students from the Frost School of Music.

March for Science Miami

When: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 22

Where: Museum Park, 1075 Biscayne Blvd.

Following in the footsteps of the Women’s March, the March for Science will take place on Earth Day to advocate for the scientific community and raise awareness about policies that affect tax-funded scientific research. The event will begin with a rally and march at 11 a.m. at Museum Park, and a science expo will be held from 12 to 4 p.m. at Stephen P. Clark Government Center. Museum Park is accessible by taking the Metrorail to Government Center and boarding the Omni Loop Metromover. Visit sciencemarchmiami.org for more information.

Amanda Herrera

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...