Community, Dance, Edge, Food, Music

Weekend Watch: Ultra Music Festival, Augusto Soledade Brazzdance, Miami-Dade County Fair, Miami Open, Bali Ha’I

Augusto Soledade Brazzdance

Augusto Soledade Brazzdance (ASBD) will premiere “Think Blue” at the Arsht Center. Using contemporary dance, ASBD will perform brand-new choreography for its performance of “Think Blue.” Based on the book “Why the Sky is Far Away: A Nigerian Tale,” the performance will touch on the interactions between humans and nature. University of Miami students can use UTIX to purchase tickets for $20.

7:30 p.m. March 24-25

1300 Biscayne Blvd.

305-949-6722

Miami-Dade County Fair

The Miami-Dade County Fair, also known as the Youth Fair, will open for the 66th year in a row. The fair will have a variety of attractions and exhibits, including Ferris wheels, fast-paced rides, a petting zoo, acrobatic performances, street races and robots. There will be a concert featuring Skillet 8 p.m. March 25 on the Main Street stage. The opening parade will start 7 p.m. March 23 on the fairgrounds. General admission is $6 on March 23 and $10 per day after that.

March 23 to April 16

10901 SW 24 St.

305-223-7060

Miami Open

The Miami Open features some of the world’s best tennis players together at Crandon Park Tennis Center. The tournament began on March 20, and the second round of singles and doubles will begin Friday. This year, tennis players such as Angelique Kerber (2) and Venus Williams (11) will participate. The No. 3 men’s player, Stan Wawrinka, will also play, along with Rafael Nadal (6) and Roger Federer (10). Tickets vary by day starting at $30 on March 24. The tournament can also be viewed on the Tennis Channel and ESPN2.

March 20 to April 2

7300 Crandon Blvd.

305-442-3367

Bali Ha’i

The 23rd-Annual Bali Ha’i at The Kampong has food from Polynesian culture. There will be a silent auction, and food lovers can enjoy the delicacies as they explore the beautiful Tropical Botanical Gardens. Tickets start at $175.

5-8 p.m. March 26

4013 S. Douglas Rd.

305-442-7169

Esther Ponce De Leon

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...