Campus Life, News

News Briefs 3/23

Whitely Women’s Leadership Symposium

The Whitely Women’s Leadership Symposium (WWLS) is an event aimed at empowering University of Miami students through interactive workshops, wellness classes and networking. The daylong event will highlight some of the triumphs and challenges women throughout the world experience. Students will learn skills to overcome common issues and develop leadership qualities. Students interested in attending the event must register by 5 p.m. March 23 through orgsync.com. Space is limited. Participants must wear business casual attire and bring gym clothes to change into.

When: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 25

Where: Newman Alumni Center

Cost: Free, registration required

Puppies and Publications

UM students will be able to relax and escape their usual school day routine by playing with puppies on the green with The Miami Hurricane staff. This week’s publication will also be available for pickup at the event. Each of the puppies will be available for adoption.

When: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, March 23

Where: UM Foote Green

Cost: Free

Amanda Herrera

Amanda Herrera can be reached via email at aherrera@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @_AmandaHerrera.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...