Baseball, Basketball, Sports

Sports Roundup

Men’s basketball

The No. 25 Hurricanes look to bounce back after a tough loss to the Virginia Tech Hokies Monday night – the same day the team made it into the national rankings for the first time this season. In its regular-season finale, Miami travels to take on Florida State 4 p.m. Saturday in Tallahassee. With ACC and NCAA tournament seedings on the horizon, a victory here could make all the difference for UM.

Women’s basketball

Miami is set to take on Georgia Tech in the first round of the ACC Tournament 6 p.m. Thursday in South Carolina. The No. 16 Canes are the seventh seed, and the Yellow Jackets are the No. 10 seed. This will be the second-consecutive matchup between these two teams as the Hurricanes won their regular-season finale 75-70 against the Yellow Jackets.

Baseball

No. 17 UM will host Dartmouth College in this weekend’s series. The Hurricanes hope to have a better set of results than they did last weekend when they got swept by the No. 2 Florida Gators. The first pitches will be thrown 7 p.m. Friday, 7 p.m. Saturday and noon Sunday. All games will take place at Mark Light Field.

All games will take place at Mark Light Field.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Kellen Winslow II, Jon Beason and Lamar Thomas were among the football ...

Miami came up short in Game 1 of a doubleheader Saturday afternoon, falling to visiting Pitt, 3-0, a ...

Canes shoot 2-under on back nine; Weber third overall at 2-under 70. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will conclude its regular season Sunday with a home d ...

Kevin Arreaga smashed a school record in the men's hammer throw to lead the University of Miami ...