Baseball, Basketball, Sports

Sports Roundup

Men’s basketball

The No. 25 Hurricanes look to bounce back after a tough loss to the Virginia Tech Hokies Monday night – the same day the team made it into the national rankings for the first time this season. In its regular-season finale, Miami travels to take on Florida State 4 p.m. Saturday in Tallahassee. With ACC and NCAA tournament seedings on the horizon, a victory here could make all the difference for UM.

Women’s basketball

Miami is set to take on Georgia Tech in the first round of the ACC Tournament 6 p.m. Thursday in South Carolina. The No. 16 Canes are the seventh seed, and the Yellow Jackets are the No. 10 seed. This will be the second-consecutive matchup between these two teams as the Hurricanes won their regular-season finale 75-70 against the Yellow Jackets.

Baseball

No. 17 UM will host Dartmouth College in this weekend’s series. The Hurricanes hope to have a better set of results than they did last weekend when they got swept by the No. 2 Florida Gators. The first pitches will be thrown 7 p.m. Friday, 7 p.m. Saturday and noon Sunday. All games will take place at Mark Light Field.

All games will take place at Mark Light Field.

About Author

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Just one glance at Brad Kaaya throwing passes Tuesday after the University of Miami’s first spring f ...

Yes, the Hurricanes’ uncertainty at quarterback has created some uneasiness, as Mark Richt told me r ...

Senior guards Adrienne Motley and Jessica Thomas sat slumped over on the Watsco Center floor late Mo ...

Spring has sprung for the University of Miami football program. Practice, closed to the public, had ...

View photos of the first day of Miami Hurricanes spring football practice on Tues., March 22, 2017 … ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

UM physicist studies the unexpected consequences of sub-second delays on fast-moving data systems ...

The world renown flautist joins the Frost School of Music ...

A fluid multi-platform exhibition examines the impacts of climate change through art, research, medi ...

At the Net with Jesse Flores ...

At the Net with... ...

Kristina Fisher of the Miami soccer team has been selected to participate in an upcoming U.S. U-23 W ...

Freshman Greg Veliz put together another strong midweek outing as the Hurricanes beat FAU 7-5. ...

Junior Piotr Lomacki represents the Canes in the ITA singles rankings, released Tuesday, at No. 73. ...