Baseball, Basketball, Sports

Sports Roundup

Men’s basketball

The No. 25 Hurricanes look to bounce back after a tough loss to the Virginia Tech Hokies Monday night – the same day the team made it into the national rankings for the first time this season. In its regular-season finale, Miami travels to take on Florida State 4 p.m. Saturday in Tallahassee. With ACC and NCAA tournament seedings on the horizon, a victory here could make all the difference for UM.

Women’s basketball

Miami is set to take on Georgia Tech in the first round of the ACC Tournament 6 p.m. Thursday in South Carolina. The No. 16 Canes are the seventh seed, and the Yellow Jackets are the No. 10 seed. This will be the second-consecutive matchup between these two teams as the Hurricanes won their regular-season finale 75-70 against the Yellow Jackets.

Baseball

No. 17 UM will host Dartmouth College in this weekend’s series. The Hurricanes hope to have a better set of results than they did last weekend when they got swept by the No. 2 Florida Gators. The first pitches will be thrown 7 p.m. Friday, 7 p.m. Saturday and noon Sunday. All games will take place at Mark Light Field.

All games will take place at Mark Light Field.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...