Cross Country/Track and Field, Sports

UM sets records in the Tiger Paw Invitational

The University of Miami track and field program featured record-setting performances for the men and women in its final stop of the regular indoor season at Clemson University for the Tiger Paw Invitational last weekend.
Sophomore Myles Valentine won the men’s 60m dash with a personal-best time of 6.65 seconds – a new school record. Former dual athlete and current Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Travis Benjamin initially set the record in 2011.
Senior Shakima Wimbley ran a 51.53 to not only win the women’s 400m dash but also set a new Clemson Indoor Track and Field Complex record. Georgia Tech’s Ashlee Kidd set the facility record back in 2006.
The No.15-ranked women’s track and field team continued to improve upon this season’s résumé. Kristina Knott ran a time of 7.40 seconds to finish third in the women’s 60m dash. Ebony Morrison won the women’s 60m hurdles with a season-best time of 8.13 seconds. Anne Den Otter ran the second-fastest time in school history and a new personal best in the women’s mile with a time of 4:53.71.
Next up for the track program is the 2017 ACC Indoor Track and Field Championships at the University of Notre Dame. The women’s team has the opportunity to defend its title from last season. The competition begins Feb. 23.

Chloe Harrison

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...