Community, Dance, Edge, Music, Theater

Arsht UTIX program offers discounted tickets for college students

When searching for a quality performance in Miami, there’s no need to look further than the Adrienne Arsht Center. From musicals to ballet to circus performers, the Arsht offers it all. But how can students see those exclusive performances without emptying their wallets?

UTIX, the Arsht’s program that offers discounted tickets for students, has you covered. For those on a college budget, UTIX helps take advantage of the talent the Magic City has to offer. The program is open to all full-time students seeking a degree, and tickets are just $20.

Rochelle Prokupets, a junior chemistry major at UM, has enjoyed the benefits of UTIX.

“The Arsht UTIX program makes it easy and affordable to get tickets to a variety of performances. I’ve used UTIX to see The Piano Guys and The Cleveland Orchestra, both of which were incredible experiences,” Prokupets said.

Other performances that have been part of the UTIX program in the past include “The Book of Mormon,” “The Nutcracker,” comedian Mike Birbiglia and Cirque Éloize’s “iD.”

Arsht Vice President of Marketing Andrew Goldberg hopes more students will get involved with the program.

“We encourage your readers to get involved in the arts whenever possible,” Goldberg said. “Plus, it’s a great social night out. The Arsht Center has made it really affordable to try something new, and to try out different kinds of performances that can develop into a lifetime love of shows and concerts.”

For students who are interested in becoming involved, the process is easy. Students should first create an account on the Arsht website and add UTIX to the account. Then, the Arsht will send out emails when performances become available. Students can then sign up for programs in which they’re interested, print their tickets and bring their Cane IDs and tickets to the venue the day of the show.

Current Arsht shows eligible for UTIX include the Miami City Ballet, Bamberg Symphony, South Florida Symphony Orchestra and New World Symphony.

Shyamali Mahure

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

The Hurricanes are still alive in their quest to make it to the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. ...

When Edgar Michelangeli stepped up to bat on Saturday, there was pressure. So much pressure. There w ...

On a day when the newest University of Miami football players – including heralded prep quarterback ...

How much does 44 years of history weigh? That is what these Miami Hurricanes baseball players carry ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

The University of Miami welcomed nearly 3,800 new graduates into the UM alumni family during six cer ...

Speakers urge UM’s graduating students to use their skills and talents to make a difference. ...

Joe Gomez drove in the winning run after Andrew Cabezas pitched 6.1 no-hit innings of relief. ...

University of Miami women's golf sophomore Dewi Weber was selected as a Second Team All-America ...

Miami's Estela Perez-Somarriba will take on fourth-ranked and third-seeded Astra Sharma Wednesd ...

Dee Delaney is eligible to play immediately as a graduate transfer from The Citadel, where he was na ...

Joe Gomez played the role of Hurricane hero Tuesday , lifting sixth-seeded Miami to a 6-5 win over 1 ...