Football, Sports

10 early football recruits enroll for spring semester

Hurricanes football may be in the off-season, but the program is already making moves for the future.

According to a HurricaneSports press release, Miami welcomes 10 early enrollees from the 2017 recruiting class, seven of whom are from Florida. The recruits are enrolled as full-time students this semester while participating in off-season conditioning to prepare for spring football.

“We’re excited about this year’s early enrollees,” Head Coach Mark Richt said in the release. “As a group, they embody the qualities we’re looking for as Hurricanes. These young men will get a head start on all aspects of our off-season program, which will give them the opportunity to compete right away.”

The list includes four-star recruits Robert Burns, Amari Carter and DeeJay Dallas.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

LAKE BUENA VISTA — Hurricane Irma gave Mark Walton a chance to be with his 6-month old daughter and ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA —Apparently, University of Miami All-American receiver Ahmmon Richard’s hamstring w ...

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz, who grew up in Miami and is the son of the for ...

How’s your landscaping after Hurricane Irma? Did you get it cleaned up (and replaced) as fast as the ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

The University’s decision to close classes well in advance of the hurricane enabled the successful e ...

The University is moving swiftly and diligently to clear widespread downed trees, power lines, and o ...

The University of Miami continues the recovery effort from Hurricane Irma. ...

The Hurricanes will be playing for all of South Florida when they host Toledo on Saturday at Hard Ro ...

The duo won its first seven matches of the  spring and went on to advance to the third round of the ...

The weekly ProCanes Report will weed through all the NFL highlights and news to bring you the inform ...

View some of the best images from the Miami women's tennis team's picture day in advance o ...

The men's cross country team moved up one spot to No. 14 in the South Region in the NCAA Divisi ...