Blogs, The View

The View: The Start of Second Semester as told by “New Girl”

Since returning home for the winter break, it feels like forever since we’ve been at school and done anything productive. Second semester isn’t just about adjusting to your new schedule, but also actually doing work again after a much-needed month off.

No show better explains all of our struggles as well as “New Girl.” Even Jessica Day, who somehow goes to school every day bright and peppy as ever, sometimes feels our pain.

Feeling refreshed and ready to take on a busy semester – but only for a moment.

Adjusting to having work for classes again feels like the worst punishment in the world.

Getting homework on or before the first day of class feels exactly like this:

Finding out your final is cumulative makes you consider dropping out of college entirely.

Remembering that you’re back at school and your parents aren’t there to help with laundry.

Struggling to do just the absolute minimum.

Trying to lose the weight you definitely gained over the holidays, and hating every second of it.

Forcing your friends to drag you to the gym for some external motivation, but in all honesty:

Realizing you are responsible for acting like a real adult again.

But even getting up in the morning is a lot to ask.

When your friends try to make you feel better about your 18 credits.

And when you finally make it through the week…

Samantha Ulin

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team moved into a sixth-place tie on day two ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...