Blogs, The View

The View: 26 signs you watch too much HGTV

• You start to identify shows by the couples that star in it.
    • Chip and Joanna are like your TV mom and dad…
    • …and are also every couples goal imaginable.
    • You’ve developed your own opinions on mid-century vs. modern homes, laminate vs. wood flooring, and marble vs. granite countertops.
    • “Bathroom” is a word of the past. You now solely say “en suite” when referring to the master bath.
    • If you don’t have a reclaimed wood barn door that opens to your pantry when you become a homeowner, then what’s the point?
    • You feel personally attacked when the couples on “Love It or List It” get mad at Hillary for not renovating every room she originally promised.
    • You also ship David and Hillary despite how poorly David acts when he pretends to be on the phone.
    • “Shiplap” is often used in everyday conversation.

image00

• You could probably win “Flea Market Flip” even though you don’t have one ounce of creativity or a background in design.
    • You have seen so many episodes of “Fixer Upper” that if you were dropped in Waco, Texas, you could find your way around.
    • You firmly stand by your belief that “House Hunters International” is so much better than “House Hunters.”
    • You always fall in love with the wrong “House Hunters” home.
    • Every TV in your home automatically turns on to HGTV.
    • You’ve gotten past how awful Tarek and Christina are at acting and have come to accept that they will always “accidentally” go thousands of dollars over budget every episode.

image02

• You can tell the Property Brothers apart with no hesitation.
    • You also have a favorite Property Brother.
    • You will sit through a “Flip or Flop” episode you’ve already seen four times…
    • …and sometimes the drama that comes out of a renovation is equivalent to that of a soap opera.
    • Any time you walk into a house, you can intelligently comment on flooring, backsplashes, crown molding, kitchen countertops, etc.
    • You think you should have considered Baylor University just so you could live in Waco.
    • You think you also should have considered Tulane University just for the “Brothers Take New Orleans” spinoff.

image01

• You don’t quite understand how every house renovation on every show is originally estimated at $30,000 but you’ve learned to be okay with it.
  • If Plan A doesn’t work out, at least you know you could find success as a realtor after your hours of “studying” HGTV…
  • …and if not real estate, at least the home staging business.
  • You don’t just relate to a few of the signs – you relate to all of them.

Samantha Ulin

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

Symone Mason, Tiara McMinn and Hasani Knight will be in the field of competitors at the 2018 USATF J ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...