Blogs, The View

The View: 26 signs you watch too much HGTV

• You start to identify shows by the couples that star in it.
    • Chip and Joanna are like your TV mom and dad…
    • …and are also every couples goal imaginable.
    • You’ve developed your own opinions on mid-century vs. modern homes, laminate vs. wood flooring, and marble vs. granite countertops.
    • “Bathroom” is a word of the past. You now solely say “en suite” when referring to the master bath.
    • If you don’t have a reclaimed wood barn door that opens to your pantry when you become a homeowner, then what’s the point?
    • You feel personally attacked when the couples on “Love It or List It” get mad at Hillary for not renovating every room she originally promised.
    • You also ship David and Hillary despite how poorly David acts when he pretends to be on the phone.
    • “Shiplap” is often used in everyday conversation.

image00

• You could probably win “Flea Market Flip” even though you don’t have one ounce of creativity or a background in design.
    • You have seen so many episodes of “Fixer Upper” that if you were dropped in Waco, Texas, you could find your way around.
    • You firmly stand by your belief that “House Hunters International” is so much better than “House Hunters.”
    • You always fall in love with the wrong “House Hunters” home.
    • Every TV in your home automatically turns on to HGTV.
    • You’ve gotten past how awful Tarek and Christina are at acting and have come to accept that they will always “accidentally” go thousands of dollars over budget every episode.

image02

• You can tell the Property Brothers apart with no hesitation.
    • You also have a favorite Property Brother.
    • You will sit through a “Flip or Flop” episode you’ve already seen four times…
    • …and sometimes the drama that comes out of a renovation is equivalent to that of a soap opera.
    • Any time you walk into a house, you can intelligently comment on flooring, backsplashes, crown molding, kitchen countertops, etc.
    • You think you should have considered Baylor University just so you could live in Waco.
    • You think you also should have considered Tulane University just for the “Brothers Take New Orleans” spinoff.

image01

• You don’t quite understand how every house renovation on every show is originally estimated at $30,000 but you’ve learned to be okay with it.
  • If Plan A doesn’t work out, at least you know you could find success as a realtor after your hours of “studying” HGTV…
  • …and if not real estate, at least the home staging business.
  • You don’t just relate to a few of the signs – you relate to all of them.

About Author

Samantha Ulin

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 11th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...

The University of Miami track and field program shined in a talented field at the Hurricane Collegia ...