Blogs, The View

The View: 26 signs you watch too much HGTV

• You start to identify shows by the couples that star in it.
    • Chip and Joanna are like your TV mom and dad…
    • …and are also every couples goal imaginable.
    • You’ve developed your own opinions on mid-century vs. modern homes, laminate vs. wood flooring, and marble vs. granite countertops.
    • “Bathroom” is a word of the past. You now solely say “en suite” when referring to the master bath.
    • If you don’t have a reclaimed wood barn door that opens to your pantry when you become a homeowner, then what’s the point?
    • You feel personally attacked when the couples on “Love It or List It” get mad at Hillary for not renovating every room she originally promised.
    • You also ship David and Hillary despite how poorly David acts when he pretends to be on the phone.
    • “Shiplap” is often used in everyday conversation.

image00

• You could probably win “Flea Market Flip” even though you don’t have one ounce of creativity or a background in design.
    • You have seen so many episodes of “Fixer Upper” that if you were dropped in Waco, Texas, you could find your way around.
    • You firmly stand by your belief that “House Hunters International” is so much better than “House Hunters.”
    • You always fall in love with the wrong “House Hunters” home.
    • Every TV in your home automatically turns on to HGTV.
    • You’ve gotten past how awful Tarek and Christina are at acting and have come to accept that they will always “accidentally” go thousands of dollars over budget every episode.

image02

• You can tell the Property Brothers apart with no hesitation.
    • You also have a favorite Property Brother.
    • You will sit through a “Flip or Flop” episode you’ve already seen four times…
    • …and sometimes the drama that comes out of a renovation is equivalent to that of a soap opera.
    • Any time you walk into a house, you can intelligently comment on flooring, backsplashes, crown molding, kitchen countertops, etc.
    • You think you should have considered Baylor University just so you could live in Waco.
    • You think you also should have considered Tulane University just for the “Brothers Take New Orleans” spinoff.

image01

• You don’t quite understand how every house renovation on every show is originally estimated at $30,000 but you’ve learned to be okay with it.
  • If Plan A doesn’t work out, at least you know you could find success as a realtor after your hours of “studying” HGTV…
  • …and if not real estate, at least the home staging business.
  • You don’t just relate to a few of the signs – you relate to all of them.

Samantha Ulin

As Miami fans await the newest College Football Playoff rankings on Tuesday night — the Hurricanes c ...

Jaquan Johnson doesn’t necessarily look intimidating. But he plays like a monster. Johnson, UM’s 5-1 ...

It will determine which state rival makes the American Athletic Conference championship game when th ...

Miami coach Mark Richt nearly went through his weekly teleconference Sunday without anyone asking hi ...

I opened my eyes this morning and for the first time in a long time, maybe all season, didn’t say, “ ...

The 41st annual conference on the Caribbean and Central America came to the University of Miami Scho ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

Erykah Davenport scored 16 points and grabbed a career-high 19 rebounds, as the Miami women's b ...

Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was selected as one of 15 semifinalists for the Broyles Award ...

Former Miami football players Ronnie Walker and Todd Stanish are grateful to be able to celebrate an ...

The neutral-site game is a homecoming for freshman guard Lonnie Walker IV. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team will travel to Georgia Tech and Clemson this week for the fi ...