Art, Community, Dance, Edge, Music, Theater

Weekend Watch 12/1: ‘An Act of God,’ Art Basel, The Nutcracker, Riptide, Frost Winter Wonderful

“An Act of God”

The GableStage Theater at the Biltmore will be playing this Broadway comedy that originally starred Jim Parsons of “The Big Bang Theory” fame. The one-man show tackles themes of homosexuality, evolution and Christianity. Visit gablestage.org to purchase tickets, starting at $15 for students.

8 p.m. Dec. 1-3, 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Dec. 4. Showings until Dec. 18.

1200 Anastasia Ave., Coral Gables, Fla.

Art Basel

Art Basel, Miami’s most famous art exhibition, boasts more than 269 modern and contemporary art galleries with work from more than 4,000 artists. Come by for free browsing or purchase tickets to exclusive shows, exhibitions and concerts throughout the weekend. Tickets start at $50.

3-8 p.m. Dec. 1, noon to 8 p.m. Dec. 2-3, noon to 6 p.m. Dec. 4.

1901 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach, Fla.

“The Nutcracker”

Get in the holiday spirit with the season’s favorite ballet. The South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center’s take on “The Nutcracker” features professional dancers from the Miami Youth Ballet. Tickets start at $25.

8 p.m. Dec. 2-3.

10950 SW 211th St., Miami, Fla.

Riptide Music Festival

This two-day music festival on Fort Lauderdale Beach features some of the biggest names in alternative and classic rock, from AWOLNATION and Silversun Pickups to The B-52’s and Earth, Wind & Fire. Tickets on sale now for one-day or two-day admission at riptidefest.com, starting at $49.

10 a.m. Dec. 3 to 9 p.m. Dec. 4

1100 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Haley Walker

University of Miami running back Mark Walton was rolling — until he got rolled on, or stepped on. Wa ...

University of Miami safety Sheldrick Redwine got to wear the gaudy (but beautiful to Canes and their ...

This just in: University of Miami at Florida State will kick off in Tallahassee at 3:30 p.m. on Oct. ...

For those concerned about the apparent on-field struggles of graduate transfer Dee Delaney, an All-A ...

This week’s Top 25 college-affiliated football polls, released Sunday afternoon, agreed on how to ta ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

The University of Miami's football game at Florida State on Oct. 7 will kick off at 3:30 p.m. E ...

Walton rushes for career-high 204 yards and Rosier has four touchdowns in Miami's comeback vict ...

The University of Miami volleyball team outlasted Virginia, 3-2, in Atlantic Coast Conference action ...

Junior golfer Dewi Weber highlighted second round action for the University of Miami women's go ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming team wrapped up its opening weekend of competition at the All-Florida ...