Basketball, Sports

Five-star shooting guard Lonnie Walker commits to Miami

Five-star shooting guard Lonnie Walker, ranked one of the 20 best players in the 2017 recruiting class, has officially committed to the University of Miami.

Walker chose UM over Villanova, Kentucky, Syracuse and Arizona, all of which are some of the best basketball schools in the country.

He will be joining a class that already features four-star point guard Chris Lykes and four-star big man Deng Gak, both of whom committed last week.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached at @isaiah_km.

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

The night after FIU gave away a game to the University of Miami with a ninth-inning passed ball that ...

Redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Allison left the University of Miami football program on Tuesday. ...

Closer Frankie Bartow stared into the Panthers’ dugout immediately after fanning the final batter of ...

Go ahead. Try telling former University of Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya that his critics say he gets ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Images from @CanesMensTennis match against Duke. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team came up short against No. 34 Duke University, 4-1, Th ...

Images from @CanesMensTennis win over Boston College. ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team were both among the ni ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's tennis team is set to open ACC Championship play Friday afterno ...