Athletics, Basketball, Football, Sports

Larrañaga, Kaaya tapped into Iron Arrow Honor Society

Men’s basketball Head Coach Jim Larrañaga and junior quarterback Brad Kaaya have both been officially tapped into the Iron Arrow Honor Society.

Larrañaga received the honor following shootaround on Wednesday, while Kaaya was tapped in on Thursday afternoon after practice.

Being a part of the Iron Arrow Society is the highest honor one can achieve at UM, and it recognizes individuals at the university who passionately show five qualities based on the Seminole Indian tradition: love of alma mater, character, leadership, scholarship and humility.

Larrañaga and Kaaya will participate in exclusive Iron Arrow events and each have the ability to nominate a person who they feel has the qualities to be included in the Iron Arrow Society.

Larrañaga has led the Hurricanes to two NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteen appearances and one ACC Championship title in his five years at Miami. Kaaya currently ranks in the Miami all-time top five in passing yards, passing touchdowns, completions, attempts and total yards.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

When the 2018 recruiting cycle came to an end in February, Miami, Florida and Florida State all fini ...

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...