Athletics, Basketball, Football, Sports

Larrañaga, Kaaya tapped into Iron Arrow Honor Society

Men’s basketball Head Coach Jim Larrañaga and junior quarterback Brad Kaaya have both been officially tapped into the Iron Arrow Honor Society.

Larrañaga received the honor following shootaround on Wednesday, while Kaaya was tapped in on Thursday afternoon after practice.

Being a part of the Iron Arrow Society is the highest honor one can achieve at UM, and it recognizes individuals at the university who passionately show five qualities based on the Seminole Indian tradition: love of alma mater, character, leadership, scholarship and humility.

Larrañaga and Kaaya will participate in exclusive Iron Arrow events and each have the ability to nominate a person who they feel has the qualities to be included in the Iron Arrow Society.

Larrañaga has led the Hurricanes to two NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteen appearances and one ACC Championship title in his five years at Miami. Kaaya currently ranks in the Miami all-time top five in passing yards, passing touchdowns, completions, attempts and total yards.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached at @isaiah_km.

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...